11

writing this made me sad part 2

"are you sure nothing's wrong?" hoseok asked yoongi as he sat down on the older's bed beside him. "something's bothering you. what is it?"

yoongi sighed, not knowing if hoseok should know now or later tomorrow. "i'm fine," he lied.

"clearly you're not fine, talk to me."

"i said i'm fine."

"no you're not. what's wrong? is it because of what happened today?"

"please stop asking questions, nothing's bothering me," yoongi said firmly, but hoseok wasn't believing anything.

"no. i can see that something's off, yoongi. you literally rushed out of jimin's hospital room earlier. come on, tell me. what's bothering you so much? did jimin tell you who he has hanahaki for —"

"YES! HE TOLD ME, OKAY? HE TOLD ME WHO IT WAS, AND IT'S ME! THERE! I SAID IT! HAPPY NOW?" yoongi shouted, standing up from the bed.

hoseok went completely silent, stunned by yoongi's sudden outburst until he processed what he had just said. "w-what?"

yoongi held his head in his hands. "i'm the reason why jimin has hanahaki disease. and i have to save him. he doesn't have much time left. i won't be able to forgive myself if i don't."

the room was silent until hoseok spoke up. "what are you going to do? break up with me?"

"what? no! how could you think of such a thing?" yoongi said, pissed that hoseok had just said that.

"do you love jimin?"

"of course i do, he's one of my best friends, hoseok."

"that's not what i meant. do you love him like you love me?"

"no, i don't see him like that."

"then how are you going to save him without him having to go through surgery? yoongi, the only way you can save him without the doctors having to cut him open is for you to love him back the same way he loves you."

"but i can't leave you," yoongi said, his voice merely a whisper and a tear fell on the floor for the second time that day. "you can't have hanahaki because of me."

"yoongi, it's either you choose me or you choose jimin," hoseok said. "i'm going to be okay. maybe we weren't made for each other after all maybe this was how we were supposed to end," he continued, smiling sadly.

yoongi knew how much hoseok was hurting because of him, but he sounded like he had made his final decision. "i'm sorry, hoseok."

hoseok shook his head. "don't be sorry. these past three years were the best of my life," he said, his own tear falling down his cheek.

yoongi sat back down on the bed and held hoseok's face in his hands. "loving you was one of the best things i've done in my life. we'll always stay friends, and even if i'm an entire ocean away or if it's 3am, i'll always be here for you," he said as more tears fell on the bed.

"i'll always be here for you too. thank you for everything, min yoongi," hoseok said as he cried as well.

the two leaned in for a long kiss, full of sadness and love. they pulled away for air and rested their foreheads against each other's. "we should get some sleep," hoseok suggested. yoongi nodded and they laid down, turning the lights off and drifting off to sleep for their last night together.