16

y'all go grab yourselves a full box of tissues before reading this one bc my heart literally clenched while writing this, and it made me sad pt. idk anymore shsahdkdl

jimin woke up to the strong smell of coffee and oatmeal. he peeled his eyes open, immediately regretting doing so since the sunlight was directly on his face. he winced due to the excessive brightness and squeezed his eyes shut again.

"oh! sorry hyung," jeongguk voiced as he closed the blinds enough for jimin to completely open his eyes without having a bright light shining directly in them.

"it's okay," he replied, voice raspy and deep with sleep. he slowly sat up and unfolded his table before taking his medecine and eating his food. everyone's faces were swollen and they wore sad expressions.

today was jimin's last day here on earth.

and as promised, seokjin had kept the six letters in his bag, not opening a single one of them. although he was very tempted of doing so, he controled himself and stopped himself from reading his letter.

"how are you feeling?" yoongi asked.

"i don't know, actually..." jimin said, taking another bite of oatmeal. "i slept well last night, so i should say i'm good, but today..."

"right. sorry," yoongi said, his expression dropping as well. everyone was in a gloomy mood today, considering today would be the last time they would see jimin.

"don't be," jimin shook his head as he emptied his bowl. he placed it on thr nightstand beside his bed and reached for his water bottle, nearly knocking it over. doing everything required so much effort for him, and he was getting weaker as time went by.

"here, i'll do it," namjoon offered and opened the bottle, then helped jimin drink the contents of it. he closed it and set it back down on the nightstand.

"so, anyone down for a game of uno?" hoseok asked, taking out the play cards from his bag. jimin smiled and nodded, admitting to himself that he was going to miss playing uno with his six best friends.

so hoseok opened the pack of cards and distributed seven cards to each person, leaving the rest of the cards in a pile near him. then, the game began.

everything was going well until jimin paled and started breathing heavily. "g-garbage," he choked out. luckily, jeongguk was fast and put the bin under him before the petals and roses fell onto the bedsheets. jimin coughed and wheezed, the six boys were comforting him as he threw up, the flowers covered in blood. this was not a good sign.

by the time he finished, his head was spinning, his chest was heaving, his lungs and heart felt as if they were going to collapse. taehyung gave him some water and seokjin disposed of the plastic bag containing the roses.

jimin was much paler and thinner than before, and it scared himself as much as it did to the six other boys in the room. hearing that you have less than 24 hours left to your life is scarier than having a specific time limit. already, jimin felt as if he was going to collapse and never wake up. but, he fought. he held on a little longer so he can spend as much time as possible with his best friends on his last day.

so, to take jimin's mind off of that, jeongguk proposed another game: heads up.

—•—

a while had passed since they played heads up, and they already ate lunch. however, jimin could barely digest something before the roses came up his throat and he coughed them out. he had coughed much more flowers and blood in little time intervals. he barely ate the soup he was given because he kept throwing up the flowers that were occupying his lungs. all he managed to swallow was water.

it was now 6:45pm, and jimin felt as if he could go. he felt like he did everything he wanted to do, and he could leave without regrets. he was getting weaker and weaker as time went by, and the six others could see it.

"g-guys," jimin croaked. everyone averted their attention to the dying boy. "i-i think i-i'm going to go."

"h-hyung..." jeongguk said, tears brimming his eyes once again. "hyung, just hold on a little longer, please?"

jimin smiled sadly. "i don't think i-i can, ggukie." he took a deep breath, the air barely making it to his lungs as the roses' roots filled his lungs more and more.

"jimin..." taehyung said through his tears as he held his hand. "jimin, please..."

"taehyung-ah, jeongguk-ah, hyungs, thank you. thank you so much for everything. i'll never forget you guys. i'll always watch over you, so be good to each other while i'm gone, okay?

jeongguk, hoseok hyung, continue dancing like you always do with me. i'll be there dancing with you." the said boys nodded, their tears streaming down their faces.

"taehyung, jeongguk, seokjin hyung, continue singing to our favourite songs, i'll be singing by your side." they nodded, promising jimin to do so.

"namjoon hyung and yoongi hyung, continue to produce the songs we made. and if you want to put them out there, do it. i know it makes you happy." the two nodded.

jimin smiled and took another deep breath. his time was coming soon. "i left something for you guys, it's with seokjin hyung. you can't open them until i'm gone, he promised me he'll keep them safe. please don't pressure him into giving them to you now. okay?" he instructed, earning nods from the others.

he smiled again and sat up slowly, with the help of yoongi. he then opened his arms, "come here, guys. this might be the last hug i'll ever recieve and give," he said, his own tears falling.

the seven boys gathered together and gave jimin a big group hug, all crying together and telling jimin that they loved him so much.

"i love you too."

and with that, he took his last breath.

the waves of his heartbeat transformed into a flat line, and the sound of continuous beeping was replaced to a long, never-ending tone. one by one, the six boys broke down in tears and sobs escaped their mouths and shook their bodies.

doctor song and jimin's nurses came in, but they were too late.

park jimin was confirmed dead at 7:00pm.