18

this is a long one lmao

it's been seven days since jimin passed away due to hanahaki disease. today was the day of his funeral.

namjoon, seokjin, yoongi, hoseok, taehyung, and jeongguk had prepared their eulogies for jimin, and each held a white rose in honor of him. yes, giving him roses was ironic, because he literally died because red roses were suffocating him, but they decided to give him white roses instead, because a) roses now reminded of jimin wherever they saw them, and b) because white is the color of purity and innocence. all the other guests held the flower too.

the first person to speak out of the six was taehyung. he walked up to the front and positioned the microphone. "good morning, everyone. my name is kim taehyung, and i am one of jimin's best friends. i have known jimin since our high school days, we first met at one of the dance studios us seven used to visit. it soon became our safe place, our escape from reality where we could just dance until all our problems went away. it became a very special place to us, and it will forever be.

"jimin was someone we could always rely on, whether we needed a boost of energy or someone to comfort us and give us advice for our problems. jimin has always been there for us, even if he had problems of his own. he never gave up on us and he always reminded us that we'll be okay. i know he's in a better place now, where he can sing and dance like there's no tomorrow." he cleared his throat and wiped away a tear from the side of his face. "jimin-ah, i hate you for leaving us so early, but i want to thank you for all the memories we shared since day one. you will always be my best friend. i will keep my promise to you and will always remember you. i love you, and i'll see you in our next life." he smiled sadly and placed the white rose on jimin's casket, and he sat back down.

next up were namjoon, seokjin and hoseok, since they all had the same thing to say to jimin and figured it would save some time if they just all talked together. their decision made the moment less personal for them, but they didn't mind.

after they had finished and placed their roses on the casket, it was jeongguk's turn. he went up and took a deep breath before speaking. "hello everyone. i'm jeon jeongguk, and i was also one of jimin hyung's close friends. he was like an older brother to me, mainly because we both come from busan. when i first arrived in seoul around seven years ago, he was the first person i met. i was relieved when i found out he was also from busan, because i wasn't alone anymore. hyung was friends with taehyung hyung at the time, and that's how i met him too. and i'm so grateful i did, because i don't know how i would have survived alone in seoul.

"jimin hyung was, as taehyung hyung said, someone we could always rely on. and we were always there to remind him that he could rely on us too. his life was unfortunately cut short, but after knowing him all these years, i can say that he lived a good life. he was a good person with a good heart, he was selfless, loving, caring and supportive of everything we did. i'm so grateful that i had the chance to know him, to be his best friend and to have him as an older brother." jeongguk paused and continued.

"hyung, thank you for everything. i'll forever remember you in my heart. thank you for all the years of our friendship, for all the moments we spent together laughing, crying and practicing, for being the person who helped the lost busan boy in seoul seven years ago. continue looking after us up there. i love you, and i'll see you in our next life." jeongguk placed the white rose on jimin's casket and sat back down, taehyung comforting the maknae.

finally, it was yoongi's turn. he stood up and walked to the front and started his eulogy. "hello everyone. i am min yoongi, also one of jimin's best friends. jimin was a very good friend, he always had a positive mindset and lots of energy whenever we were with him. every moment spent with him was a fun moment.

"jimin was a very good listener. he was always someone i could go to when i had problems of my own and he'd always give me a good piece of advice. he was a very wise person and i won't forget everything he told me."

yoongi took a deep breath before continuing his eulogy, where things got way more serious. "finding out jimin had hanahaki took a huge toll on me, especially with the way i found out. i didn't know he was going through all of this until he finally opened up to me about it, and it all just hit me like i had just been run over by a massive truck. but, instead of me being hit by a massive truck, i was hit with the twisted reality that one of my best friends was throwing up roses and petals and thorns because they were in love with someone that was undeserving of him. i still can't accept the fact that he's gone, and it's all because of his unrequited love for someone who didn't deserve it.

and that person, well... that person is me."

most people in the room let out quiet gasps, others widened their eyes. "yes, i am the person that jimin sacrificed his life for, the person that jimin poured all of his love out for, the person that jimin loved. i am also, unfortunately, the reason why jimin has passed away. i know most of you here won't ever be able to forgive me, and i understand if you don't. i can't forgive myself either, i don't think i ever will. i indirectly took someone's life away, and i won't forgive myself for that. it's been really hard for me, especially since i tried to return his feelings, i really did, but it didn't work." yoongi wiped his tears and recomposed himself.

"jimin-ah, the songs i made for you are still unfinished, but i promise to make beautiful things out of them. the songs we did produce together will hold a special place in my heart. i'll never forget the moments we spent together, i'll treasure them forever. goodbye, i'll see you in our next life." he placed his rose on jimin's coffin and sat down beside jeongguk.

"you did well, hyung," he said as he rubbed the older's back. yoongi smiled weakly.

the service ended a few minutes later and the reception started. everyone was eating their food and comforting the park family.

"auntie," jeongguk said when he saw mrs. park. he stood up and bowed. she smiled sadly and took him in her arms. she had always seen jeongguk as family, because of how close he and jimin were.

"how have you boys been?" she asked them.

"we've been taking it hard, but we'll get by eventually," hoseok said. "but what we're going through is nothing compared to what you're going through."

"thank you for coming and sharing, boys. it really means so much to me that you're all here," mrs. park said. the boys smiled sympathetically, all except for yoongi, who seemed troubled and deep in thought.

mrs. park placed her hand on yoongi's shoulder. "may i talk to you?"