t h r e e

Don't forget to VOTE and COMMENT x enjoy

. .

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐅𝐮𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐥

May 19th, 2016

Bucharest, Romania

. .

It had been a long time since Allie had properly thought of Peggy Carter.

She didn't mean just a fleeting thought, like seeing the color red and thinking of Peggy's typically ruby painted lips. Or seeing a woman walking down the streets with short, bouncing chocolate hair and heels that echoed as she stepped. Not thoughts like this where Peggy's name briefly flickered into her conscience before fading as quickly as they came. Insignificant reminders of the woman that had been seared into Allie's memory.

No, she meant truly thinking about the brunette bombshell. The intelligent, beautiful and strong woman that had left her mark wherever she went. Who was willing to put her body and name on the line for justice. The soldier, the comrade, the friend that Allie wished she got more time to spend with. That maybe if things had of been different, they could of been old women who were still friends by now.

But things weren't different, leaving Allie to remember all the times she had spent with Peggy. The missions, the trainings, the chats, all times she wished she could relive again. Allie remembered everything Peggy had taught her about being a strong and resilient woman, teachings she strived to uphold every day of her life. A legacy that she would make sure that would never die.

But on this day, Allie wished that she wasn't forced to think about the spectacular woman that was Peggy Carter.

Allie had spent the morning at home alone, cleaning up the apartment as Bucky went out to do some shopping. Finding herself enjoying the peace and quiet, the heavy silence allowing her to be one with her thoughts. Contemplating the simple things of life, like what were they going to have for dinner or if she could be bothered to fold and put her clothes away. A task that she decided she would let grow until it could no longer be ignored.

But those mundane tasks had been interrupted by her phone ringing, something that seemed to be happening a lot lately.

"Hello?" Allie muttered into the phone that was propped against her shoulder as she tried to make her and Bucky's bed.

"Allie, it's Steve."

"Hey Steve! Is everything okay?" She questioned, a small smile tugging at her lips as she fell onto the bed, ignoring the crumpled sheets that needed to be cleaned.