𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒

『amelia's pov』

amelia's pov

Who's A? Who the hell is messing with me? How did they know about what happened between me and Jason?

The only person who knew was...Alison.

Is this Ali? Is she alive?

Chills ran through my body at the thought. I can't hold on to this. I kept a lot of secrets in my life, but if Alison is alive I have to tell someone.

◇◇◇

I twisted the door knob and walked in hoping she wasn't asleep. But let's be real she is probably working on the next month essay. And I was right. She was starring at her laptop with scattered papers all around.

"Hi, Spence."

"Amelia, hey." Spencer said softly, leaning her head on the door frame while putting her laptop and her books aside.

I smiled. "Sorry to barge in so late."

"You're always welcome." Spencer grinned as I got closer. "Are you okay?" she asked seeing my tense expression and straighting out in her spot.

"I got a text." I stated and sat on the edge of her bed getting closer to the confused girl. "It was from A."

She looked at me, her eyes widening. Spencer looked completely shocked but let me continue.

"It said something personal. Something that only Ali could know."

"Me too." she whispered nervously after along silence, bitting her bottom lip.

"What?" I asked freaking out about the fact that Alison could be alive.

"Yeah, it sounded just like her."

"Do you think--" Spencer started but cut herself off trying to find the right words to this crazy and unbelievable conspiracy. "Do you think this is Alison?"

"I don't know." I told, consumed in my own thoughts."But however this is, we are in this together, okay?"

I took her hand and squeezed it for comfort before she pulled me into tight embrace.

"Yeah, together." she whispered.

◇◇◇

I was sitting on the swinging chair on my porch hugging my legs. I couldn't get that message out of my head. Not only did it remind me of Jason but it mentioned my family. The other monster under my bed.

This nightmare has followed my family for a long time and I don't think I can ever get answers to those questions. The painful memories of her are books with chapters, deep and horrible; and so I leave them on the shelf to gather dust. Everything was felt right before she disappeared.