𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟖

『amelia's pov』

amelia's pov

The creamy sheets of the deep blue silk romper hugged my torso. In my ears were silver hoops, skinny at the tops and widening toward the base. I ran my fingers through my wavy hair as I heard the sound of footsteps coming towards my room.

"What are you all smiling for?" Leo said while plopping himself on my bed.

"I'm going out."

"I can see that." he smirked. "Are you going on a date?" Leo asked again raising his eyebrows.

"Yes." I said leaning in the doorway. "Is there a problem?"

"No, it's just, be careful, okay? There's a lot of bad people in this town."

I nodded with a small smile while picking my purce and walking out, although his comment still left me confused. I reached the living room and looked at the mirror once again.

"Wait, with who?!" Leo yelled realizing he hasn't asked the question. He ran down the stairs but I was a lot quicker.

"Goodbye." I teased and closed the door behind me before he could reech me.

I made my way down the porch. It was already 8 o'clock. I was a little nervous, but I knew everything will be fine.

I found a black car with Peter already waiting. A puff of wind swept through her white hair before it slipped into the woods to rustle leaves. I smiled and went to his direction. Peter glanced at me and grinned before getting out. Step by step he was getting closer, hands stuffed in his pockets.

"Hey." he said with a his sweet smile which made goosebumps go through my skin.

"Hi." I said with the same expression.

"You're ready?"

"Yeah."

◇◇◇

We finally got to the theater after a long line for the popcorn. The movie started, everyone sat down, all eyes locked on the screen. We laughed at our conversation earlier and looked straight ahead too. Our smiles faded away as the movie started.

We sat in the back, barely noticing the popcorn scattered on the ground. Silences never lasted long at the movies, merely tools to heighten the drama, ploys of stylistic effect - depriving the senses of light and sound for just long enough to peak their fear. The next moment was maximum intensity: loud, bright, fast, shocking. The audience were in their seats, eyes open wide. I was so invested in the scary plot that I couldn't even feel Peter's hand moving on top of mine. It moved slowly as hesitating and almost asking for my approval.

I could feel the heat against the back of my hand. I didn't move my gaze from the screen while his hand still hovered over mine. I finally turned it over and connected our fingers. The corners of my lips lifted up and I could feel his gentle smile on his face too.