𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟎

『amelia's pov | her outfit at homecoming⤴』

amelia's pov | her outfit at homecoming⤴』

"What are you doing?" Aria muttered sleepily looking at our direction. It was the day of homecoming and our plan was to convince Aria to go with us. I understand why she didn't want to, but still it would be a great distraction and an escape for her.

"An intervention." Spencer said as I sat next to Aria.

"We brought takeout and rag mags." Emily trough a pile of teen magazines on the bed.

"But you cannot have those until you get out of these sweats."

"Why? What's wrong with these?" Aria asked motioning to her black sweatpants.

"Nothing. Except they're grafting to your skin." I commented.

"Well, they're comfy."

"Yeah, so are mom jeans and platform flip-flops." Hanna spoke up.

"Plus, how are we going to help you choose a homecoming dress if you don't try some on for us?"

"That's easy. I'm not going."

"What do you mean you're not going?" I said furrowing my eyebrows.

"Yeah, you can't just not go." Spencer agreed.

"What are you doing instead?" Emily crossed her arms.

"I guess, I'll just read these and then inhale a gallon of Chunky Monkey." Aria sighted pulling her legs close to her.

"Hey, look, cutting yourself off from the rest of your life is not gonna help your parents." I said. "And besides, they still might work it out."

"They're barely speaking to each other."

"People get angry, they blow up. Doesn't mean it's over." Emily told Aria with a hopeful expression.

"Emily, they didn't blow up over her dad missing their anniversary. He slept with one of his students." Hanna said raising her voice and I sighted. "Sorry." she whispered after realizing that it wasn't helping.

"I'm just saying things can look over on Friday and by Monday, all is forgiven. Some things just take time."

"Yeah. Maybe." Aria muttered with a small smile.

"Okay, so you're coming. Come on." I said grabbing her hands and pulling her out of the bed.

"No, but I'll think about it." Aria said getting up.

"Well, if you're not coming, can you at least cast an absentee ballot?" Hanna turned to Aria's direction and I rolled my eyes.

"What? I need her vote."

"Hanna, stop already. You got homecoming queen locked down." Spencer commented.

"Really? You can rig the election?" Hanna asked interested.