after

What happened after the tragic story of Harry Styles, you ask?

Louis Tomlinson went on to be (secretly) happily married to a man. He became an actor, but never came out as gay to the public. There was never any drama regarding his sexuality.

He died at the age of 75 from a heart attack.

Zayn Malik spent a few more years taking therapy for his night terrors before they finally went away. Most of his nightmares were about the asylum, making the doctors think that it wasn't best that he had went. For a whole year after Harry's death, Zayn had nightmares about Harry.

Zayn went back to the asylum, which was successfully changed into a tuberculosis hospital, and paid for a tombstone for Harry.

Zayn married a lovely girl and had two children. He's still alive to this day, a little bit over a hundred years old.

Liam Payne was arrested for his gruesome and unacceptable "methods" and manslaughter. He died in prison.

And Niall Horan?

Well, Niall never found out what happened to his lover. He spent ten years being completely miserable, trying to drink himself to death and not talking to anyone. He picked his life back up when he moved out of his house and away from Connecticut.

Although Niall was in a few relationships, he never loved anyone again. He ended up with three children from women he barely cared for. It sounded horrible, but Niall never really felt anything for anyone when Harry vanished from his life.

Niall died of old age with an apology letter to Harry Styles sitting on his chest, saying sorry that he never got to see him again. Of course, no one knew who Harry Styles was. He had been dead for seventy years, after all.

The real murderer of Harry's family was found two months after Harry died.

Harry's letters never sent because they never left Harry's room.

Harry started to lose his mind merely five months into the asylum.

Harry was crazy.

[ There was going to be a full-out epilogue from Niall's POV, but I decided against that. I didn't want to have an epilogue to soften the blow. The ending was supposed to be heavy and it had to hit you hard.

The story wasn't ever meant to be happy. Heck, with a name like I'm Not Crazy, I don't think there was a way to make it happy.

Towards the end of his life, Harry's thoughts were more scattered and incomplete. He became less social and less likeable.

This story was made to show the effects of someone being taken away from somebody they loved a lot and how a place can take a toll on your mind and body if you let it. Harry wasn't strong and let the asylum get into his brain. He most likely would have survived, but he had one weakness - Niall.

I hope you enjoyed this story! It was my baby and I'm going to miss writing for it.

Thank you for the amazing adventure we went on. x ]