six // laying on the concrete

Richies feet lifted to the peddles, kicking until he found a steady pace. He smiled to himself, speeding up. School wasn't in session since it was a Friday, so he had the freedom of exploring and hanging out with friends; enjoying the last of the heat until it's gone completely. Perhaps it was hot enough to swim today. He could go to bills, or maybe they could get ice cream, or go to the arcade. His mind swirled with ideas, his legs carrying him all over.
    Before he knew it, he was faced with the denbrough residence. He knocked lightly, smiling as Zach answered the door. "Bill's not feeling well."
     Richie frowned, his heart dropping just a smidge, "oh. Tell him I said to get better soon." He sighed, earning a nod from Zach.
    "Alright. Take care, Richie."
     The door was shut in his face, and Richie felt as if he would cry. He soon picked himself up, though. There were still five others he could hang out with.
     He got back onto his bike, and headed to bevs house. He knocked, chewing his bottom lip. Her aunt opened the door, "She's busy."
     Richie smiled sadly, nodding. "Alright. Thanks."
     He rode to everyone else's house, Stan was at a funeral for his grandfather, mike was helping on the farm, and Ben was volunteering at the library to get away from thoughts of his newly passed dog. Richie didn't understand how he could've picked the worst day to hang out. Then he realized he still had one little boy who was never busy. Eddie!
     He began biking down the street, gasping loudly and coming to an abrupt stop. His bike fell on the ground with a clank as he ran towards the boy, now unconscious on the sidewalk. He picked him up, cradling him in his arms. "Eddie? Wake up, eds?"
     Eddie stirred awake, shaking in fear. "R-rich..ie?"
     Richie smiled, "Hey...hey. I'm gonna take you to my house, okay?"
     Eddie nodded, allowing Richie to sit him in on hike bike, right in front of Richie. They rode back to richies house, tossing the bike in the sidewalk as Richie carried Eddie inside. Eddies whimpers were low, almost unheard of, as Richie lay him on his bed. Eddie looked a reck. His hair was out of sorts, scratch marks and red splotches littered along his skin. Richie only wondered what, or who, he could've ran into that did this.
     Richie decided eddie could take a shower the next day, considering he was probably in shock of recent events. He was collapsed onto the sidewalk, after all.