ten // if it werent for you losers

Patrick lay unconscious on the bathroom tile, his face and shirt bloodied. Richies knuckles were left coated in the blood, and pink from the impact of his fist against his face, and the countless times he missed and hit the tile floor or brick wall.
       Eddie and Richie stare at him in shock, and Eddie seems to subconsciously take one step away from Richie at the sight. Richie did this, my best friend, Richie did this. Fear began swarming his head, Patrick would be better off dead than suffering this much. Richie noticed the way eddie backed up, and clenched his fists. He dug his nails into the palms of his hands nervously, staying silent.
        Eddie was impressed that Richie hadn't cracked a joke. He looked up at him, not sure what expression he's painting. He feels so many things.
        "You almost killed someone," Eddie began slowly. His heart rate sped up. "I kissed someone who almost killed someone."
Richie hasn't realized the severity of the situation until then. He looked down at Patrick, then his hands.
Eddie watched closely, like a hawk, as Richie walked over to the sink. His hands shook in fear, wincing at the sight of himself on the mirror. His eye was bruised a tint of purple, his lip was busted and his nose had dried blood just beneath it. He was scared of himself. He was a monster.
The blood washed off of his hands and stained the water flowing from the sink instead, the burn of his busted knuckles overwhelming him. He was starting to get tired of staring out of his cracked glasses, but it was better than nothing. Without them he was practically blind.
Patrick stirred slightly, coughing some blood onto his already bloodied shirt. Eddie flinched and backed up further, the dip of his spine digging into the cool metal of the sink. Patrick's eyes blinked open, and landed on Richie.
        "You piece of shit," Patrick sputtered, gurgling the blood that dribbled down his chin. "I would've gotten my way with him if it weren't for you losers."
        Richie smiled, "talk to me when you're not coughing up blood," he punctuated his sentence with a kick to Patrick's hip and a dramatic exit as the bell rang. Eddie went against his better judgement  and followed