Sixteen// Richie's baby

Everyone knew being gay and living in Derry, Maine didn't mix.
     Eddie knew this, but for some odd reason, he figured his mom would be different. His mommy who would go out of her way to make sure his precious baby stayed safe at all costs.
     It was at dinner when it happened, when Sonia snapped.
     The boy scooped a small amount of mashed potatoes into his mouth, swallowing quickly. His brain was nervous, his body wasn't. He stood still, his expression neutral, his mind swirled in a whirlpool of thoughts and emotions one could mistake for a tsunami.
     "Mommy?" Eddie began softly, Sonia looking up from her plate littered with vegetables and a small piece of steak.
     "Yes, Eddie-Bear?" Her voice was high, seductive even. But not in the sexual way. Seductive as in she drew Eddie in with her words, made him so her sick, hypochondriac bidding. She morphed Eddie into a male, smaller, more rebellious version of her.
     "I'm gay," he blurted.
     Eddie didn't know how to interpret the look on Mommy's face, his Mommy's face. Her eyes were stone cold, hand clenching and unclenching.
     "What?" Her voice was sharp and harsh, Eddie began to shake. His hairs stood up on the back of his neck.
     "I'm gay," he repeated.
     "No you're not."
     "Yes I am, Ma."
     "Not my baby."
     "I am, Momma."
     Her hand collided across eddies face, hard, and he stumbled back in his chair slightly. He could feel the stinging, it'd leave a rear mark later. Maybe bruise.
     "No son of mine is a fag."
     There was that word. That word he dreaded hearing. He stood up, the backs of his knees pushing his chair back with a loud shriek. "I'm not a fag! I like boys! Love them, even! Why is this so hard for you to understand!"
     "Don't do this to me, Eddie. I need you! I need you, Eddie!" She yelled, watching Eddie run upstairs and slam the door. She ran up after him, her chubby legs barely able to keep up. The palms of her hands  slammed into the door.
     Zippers, hangers hitting hangers, feet hitting the floor. It was the noise of failure, the noise of pointlessness.
    "Eddie! You can't leave me! Eddie!" She screamed so loud her neighbors would confuse it for murder, and she didn't burst into tears until a window slammed open.
     She ran down the fifteen steps, turned and opened the front door, screaming, but it was too late.
     Eddie slung his bag over his shoulder, tears streaming down his face, his short legs slung onto his used bike.
     Sonia ran after him to the end of the driveway, collapsing to her knees and watching him leave.
     "Edward! Eddie-Bear! Eddie!" She yelled, her voice stern at first, but slowly crumpled.
     Her baby was gone.
     Richies baby was back.

Yeah Eddie is Richies baby hm hm what're you gonna do they're cute keep scrolling