Chapter 5 his

Naveen Everett His)
Edited*

The hunt had gone well and he could not be more proud of his pack for their performance. They moved as one and not one pack mate was hurt. He had taken 30 men and 15 women. Each one played their part and took down 22 Buffalo beasts to take back to his pack. It was a two day journey in their wolf form, to the open land that the Buffalo migrated to right before winter.

The first night after the catch Naveen told his group to set up camp and skin and gut the buffalo for the skin and meat, putting them in bags that would be easy to carry in wolf form back to the pack grounds.

He was glad that his father finally let him take his first hunt for his 21st birthday. It was the best gift at this age. He Gets to prove not to his father but to his pack that he is a hard worker and that next year he will take the title as true Alpha. He will be able to care for his pack as he father has done. His father was ruthless with his training but he wouldn't have it any other way. To be a true alpha you must fight for your spot, just because he was given the name at birth does not mean he gained the title.

It was sunrise and he knew that they needed to get a move on if they wanted to outrun the winter storm that was to come. He let his beast side take over and let his skin turn into fur, nails into claws, and mouth into snout. His skin was hot from the transformation but did not care he wanted to get going and needed to give the warning growl to pack everything up. Doing a quick jog up the small hill above the camp he leaned back and let his howl take over the small valley. Ears pricked up and heads turned to his direction, in seconds men and wolves were rushing to put out small campfires, tents, and weapons away. He stayed on the small hill keeping alert for any small moves or sound that sounded off to his ears or nose giving away any threat that he could easily take care of if needed.

In an hour the group was waiting for his command all sitting on their hind legs, he trotted down the hill, passing his men as they showed their neck in submission. He gave each one a small growl not of a threat but of acknowledgment, after he went to the front of the pack to lead them home. His delta by his side and the rest behind taking off in full speed to keep up with his fast pace. He let a growl out so load the birds in the trees surrounding them scattered into the air. He wanted to let other packs know to stay out of their way on the trip back home. The pack howled in unone after giving off more warning, letting predators know they were there to protect their Alpha and was not to be messed with. This is what made them strong staying together tightly and ready for the worst to happen.

A warm glow warmed his chest at how dedicated his pack was to him Already and he wanted to push out his chest to show his strength he had to protect each and every single one of them.

He had been leading his group for three hours non stop, before looking back and seeing some of them pant from exhaustion. Their tongues hanging out of their mouth with drips of saliva running down their jaws. Slowing his pace he came to a slow jog. He barked for a break, letting his men and women find a stream and take a drink or to rest their tired legs. He growled twice in warning not to shift to human form until him and his delta got back from doing a small border check. He knew his delta was tired as well he could see her ribcage move in a fast pace, taking deep breaths. He gave a snort-like sound and a small nod of his big wolf head to give her the sign to stay. Nodding her head in understanding, he watched as she straightened her ears and back.

The trees had light snow on them and twinkled like stares as he ran by, the mud under his paws sinking in from his weight, and the sound of the crunch of twigs and dead leaves had him wagging his tail, but that was short lived when he smelt a rogue not far from his group. Turning around sharply to his left, he dodged a fallen tree, leaping over it and landing gracefully on his front paws. The scent of the rouge got stronger, with each step. This will be the first time he will come face to face with such a disgrace. It had him excited yet angry. He pushed himself faster towards the smell leading him back toward his group.