The Tavern

-———-

-———-

The traveler's head hurts while the sun beats down on her as she squints staring out from under her hood at the horizon looking for any sign of any buildings, but it seems like the green hills continuously grow as she walks through it like it will never come to an end.

She's parched as she ran out of water an hour ago. It's her fault, she should've stocked up before she left Gormesy, but she had a troubling dream of a dark aura that's been following her for years finally overtakes her because she stayed at Gormesy for two days instead of overnight and she left as soon as she woke up.

Guilt

She never can stay anywhere for longer than a day because of it. She needs to keep moving. She's not really running towards anything exactly, but away from something. Though her heart longs for a home. To have a place to go back to, but it's too risky for her to even try at this point. Fear keeps her moving throughout it all.

It shows on her body. Her fair skin is unevenly tan with darker spots on her shoulders, chest, cheeks forehead and chin. Where the skin is tannest there are speckles of sun freckles across her nose and cheeks. Her auburn hair is now lighter because of the sun bleaching it into lighter locks.

She has a cowl now, but at the beginning of her travels she didn't own one. This is the result of her past mistake of not at least making one out of old clothes. She should've just covered herself with anything she had because now she no longer looks like her mother. She looks more like her father despite the striking difference of his hair being a dark brown. The small amount of melanin he gave her is now showing through, though her skin is still very fair like her mother's.

A bead of sweat falling from her hairline down her temple brought her back to reality, out of her head and she reaches up swiping away the sweat from her forehead with the back of her hand. She looks at moisture on her hand and shakes her head sighing before closing her eyes gathering up a bit of magic to her fingertips. With a swipe of her hand, she creates an area under her hood that cools the air around her exposed skin.

She sighs once more as the tense feeling in her body releases and she rolls her shoulders stretching the muscles around her shoulder blades. When she stretches out her spine, there was a rustling in the back of her hood as she just woke her companion.

A small pure white ferret climbs onto the traveler's shoulder yawning exposing its sharp canines. It stretches its long back and stubby front legs as it blinks its black eyes against the bright sunlight.

'Where are we?' Its female voice appears in her head and it looks around the fields before them. Considering it went to sleep as she first stepped into the field four hours ago, it must look like the traveler hasn't made any progress in her journey to Stratham.