Chapter 23

Excuse any mistakes!

David Brewster

"Why the fuck are they not telling us nothing?" I paced back and forth in the hospital lobby

"Why the fuck are they not telling us nothing?" I paced back and forth in the hospital lobby. I received a phone call from Keith saying Kardi was in a car wreck.

"David, you have to calm down sweetie." Karla spoke softly.

"Nah." Shaking my head I walked over to the desk where an older lady was sitting at a computer typing.

"Excuse me." I spoke and she looked up for a brief second then went back to the computer ignoring me.

"HELLO! Can you fucking hear? You see me standing here. I don't want to be rude but you pushing me."

"You don't have to disrespect me, young man. I was-" I cut her smooth the fuck off.

"Yeah, I don't care about none of that. You had your chance now obviously I need some assistance, so that means get off the fucking computer."

She clicked her teeth and asked. "What can I help you with?"

"I've been waiting for hours to get information on my girl, her name is Kardi Chase." She typed in the computer then looked at me.

"It says she's in surgery." She gave me a sympathetic look. I bit my lip walking away. All of her friends and family was staring waiting to hear some news.

"She's in surgery." I said taking a seat next to Kody. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath trying not to show my emotions. Why? Why is the only question on my mind? Maybe if I took her she wouldn't have been in surgery right now going through all this bullshit.

I felt a hand wipe away my tears I didn't know fell. Looking up I seen Kody smiling lightly.

"Don't cry, mommy's going to be okay." He assured me making me crack a smile. He's a real mamas boy, so I'm surprised he's taking it well.

"I know, little man." I picked him up placing him on my lap. He rested his head on my shoulder.

"Aww, you guys are so adorable." Paisley cooed making me roll my eyes.

"No more tears we know she's going to be okay. We have to have faith. Everybody stand up and let's pray." Karla said making everyone get up and grab hands.

"Dear Heavenly Father today we come to you for words of encouragement and strength. Lord we know all of us have our ups and downs but today take over this operation and let your power be felt through all forces. Grant us all with strength and reassure all our fears. Bless my daughter and let her make it out alive. In Jesus name, we pray amen."

Amens were heard throughout the lobby. 20 minutes later a doctor finally walked up to us with a clipboard in his hand. I passed Kody to Kamren, rubbing my hands down my pants.