Chapter 36

Excuse any mistakes!

Kardi Chase

"Everything has to be perfect

"Everything has to be perfect." I ran around the house like a chicken with its head cut off. I've been trying to set up Kodys birthday party all day. Yesterday we all went to seven clans casino. The casino is for the adults and the other side is for the kids. It has an indoor water park and other activities for kids. He always wanted to go, so since it was the day before his birthday, I thought why not.

I had returned home two days ago and I've got a whole week to spend with everyone until I got back on tour with Chris.

"Relax boo." Dave told me not even looking up from his phone that he's been so into all day.

"Maybe I could if I had help." I looked into my backyard seeing workers set up the moon bounce and snow cone machine.

"Here you go." He huffed. The doorbell rang before I could say anything back.

"Where's the birthday boy?" My mom asked smiling once I opened the door.

"He's taking a nap." I laughed because for him to only be four, he acts like he got a job and wants to sleep all the time. "But I'm glad your here."

"So, you don't see the rest of us?" My dad questioned.

"Sorry." I greeted him, Kam, Karmen, and Izzy with a hug and kiss.

"Why y'all not dressed?" Karmen asked.

"After I got Kody dressed, I didn't feel like it. Did y'all get the cups and plates?"

"Umm no, I knew we forgot something." My mom said.

"It's fine, I'll just run to the store. I need more balloons and candy anyway." I grabbed my purse and keys "Chick-fil-a should be in any minute to drop off the food and drinks."

"Okay." She waved me off setting up the decorations.

"I'll go with you." Dave said taking the keys and opened the passenger door for me.

"You know I could drive myself." I rolled my eyes.

"I know but I want to. You've been running around all day, just sit back and relax." He started the car pulling out the driveway.

"Whatever." I sat back looking out the window. His phone ringing every five seconds was getting on my nerves. "Dude put that shit on silent or something."

"My bad it's just clients."

"Yeah okay." Something in me was telling me that it wasn't just clients texting his phone. But I brushed it off because I didn't want to ruin the day.

"What's wrong?" He looked from the road to me.

"Nothing." I gave him a tight fake smile making him laugh.