Chapter 63

Excuse any mistakes!

Kardi Chase

"He has been behaving badly in the last couple of days

"He has been behaving badly in the last couple of days. I've never expected this kind of behavior from Kody because he's one of my best students." Mrs.Bailey told me.

I sighed. "Thank you, I'll handle it."

"No problem, Ms.Chase. You have a wonderful day."

"Do you wanna tell me what's going on with you Kody?" I asked pulling out of the schools parking lot. I went to pick him up from school and his teacher stopped me before he got into the car. Apparently, Kody has been saying disrespectful remarks and snapping on the kids in his class including the teacher.

"No." He frowned.

"Why not?"

"Because I don't want to!" I looked at him through the rearview mirror.

"I'm going to need you to pipe it down. I don't know who the hell you think you're talking to little boy. I will come across this seat so quick and snatch your ass up." I paused taking a deep breath. "Kody stop trying me, okay? I'm not in the mood. Now tell me why are you being disruptive in class?"

"I don't know."

"That's not telling me anything. Why are you being mean and rude during class?"

"I-I just get mad. I don't know why." Tears fall down his face. I waited until the light turned green before I turned into the parking lot. I slowly climbed into the backseat being careful. I had to stop to catch my breath because that was hard work.

"Look at me." He slowly began to look at me. "Stop crying, okay. I know being at school with other kids is hard. But you have to be nice Kody. If you ever feel yourself getting upset ask Ms.Bailey if you could step outside for a breather or call me."

He nodded. "I'm sorry."

"Hmm." I tapped my chin. "I don't believe you. How can you make me feel better?"

"Kisses." He smiled making my heart swell. He placed kisses all over my face. A knock at the window made me slightly jump. I looked up and it was Dave.

"Why are you sitting back here?" He opened the backdoor.

"Kody and I were having a talk. Maybe talk with too about his behavior in school?" I questioned. He nodded grabbing his bag.

"Let's go little man."

"We don't get a kiss or nothing?" I pointed to Konani and me.

"I don't get a how's your day or how are you doing babe?" He asked making me laugh.

"How are you doing babe?"

"I'm doing delightful, you?"

"Good but I'll be better if you bless me with those lovely lips."