The Ring

Hiccup's POV

"Hiccup, today is the final examination before the Monstrous Nightmare."

"So, are you in it or are you just telling us about it?"

"Of course, I'm in it, Hiccup. The only other person is Astrid." My heart froze at the thought of any harm coming to either of them.

"If you're in it then I'm going to be watching just in case."

"What!? Are you insane!? What if someone sees you?"

"Well, I came back here specifically to protect you. So, I've failed if anything happens and I'm not there."

"I'm not going to win this one, am I?"

"No, you won't."

"Fine, do what you need to do. Just don't get caught. I can't stand losing you again."

"I'll be careful. I promise."

1 hour later

Delta had just left to get ready, so I went to meet Astrid where we had our talk.

I saw Astrid sitting on a log. I smiled.

"Good morning, Astrid."

"Good morning."

"I have a few questions to ask you. If you don't mind."

"Sure, why not?" I smiled at her again.

"So, you're in the finals?" It was more of a statement than a question.

"Yes, what about it?"

"Well, I wanted to know why you didn't tell me."

"I kind of forgot. I'm sorry."

"It's okay. Also, I was wondering if you wanted to be my girlfriend?"

She just stared at me.

"Well, if you don't want to, then I won't mention it again. Especially if it makes you uncomfortable. I hope we can still be friends..." I babbled wanting to break the silence.

"You are such a muttonhead." She said and punched me.

"Excuse me?"

"Of course, I want to be your girlfriend."

"You do, and oww!"

"Oh sorry, and yes I do."

I kissed her and she kissed me back.

"I have to go." She told me.

"I know." Even if I was a little disappointed that she was leaving. Okay, a lot disappointed. "I'll be watching you. Be careful, and good luck."

"You'll be watching me?" I gave her a look. "Fine, just be careful."

3 hours later

I was in my Night Fury form waiting in a cave. My scales blended in perfectly with the shadows so I wouldn't be spotted by the vikings below.

"Would Astrid Hofferson and Delta Haddock please enter the ring." That was my father.

"Today these two recruits will be facing the Gronkle." That was Gobber.

I saw Astrid and Delta walk into the arena; "Let the fight begin!" And the doors shot open.

Astrid did a somersault dive to the left and Delta just stood there waiting.