MY APOLOGIES

Hello Everyone, 

I first wish to apologize to you all as I have really dropped the ball on running contests here at the Saloon. Since February of this year my life has taken many crazy turns from a simple surgery that turned out to be major one once under the knife (You know you've done something unprecedented when your surgeon has taken pictures of what he's taken out of you on his cell phone, because in his own words "I've never seen anything like that!" - true story)

In March, I was flown out to attend the American Writers Conference as a finalist in a contest I entered for a different writing platform. Happy to say I won. It was an amazing experience but it opened up new opportunities and more work for me. 

Besides running the Storytellers Saloon here, over the summer, I was asked to start and run this other platform's online writers community and accepted and that had taken a great deal of time to establish, but is now running smoothly but the group wanted to hold a contest so I am now currently running my first ever world-wide contest for the site.

If you have an interest in checking it out I'll leave the link in the comments below. 

Last year I had also started to homeschool my two children and I'll be continuing that this year (starting tomorrow as a matter of fact) and then there is Life, Family, Writing and the Pursuit of Happiness I've been trying to achieve on a daily basis. Sometimes I'm successful, sometimes I'm just really tired. 

Now that all my excuses are out of way, I'm here to tell you I've come up with a simple idea that will allow me to hold a contest here once a month, and I'll tell you all about in the next chapter.