Fortune Cookie Comes True (MysteriousDryad)

"Come on! Let's go! We are going to be late if you don't hurry up!" Appolio said to her boyfriend, Everest. Today was their 3rd anniversary and Appolio planned a special dinner at Everest's favorite Chinese restaurant, trying to make it as meaningful and special as possible.

"I have to fix my tie! Patience dear." Everest replied.

"You can fix it in the car! We need to leave now if we want to be on time."

"Okay dear, I'm coming," Everest sighed, defeated. He gave up long ago and stopped trying to argue with her, no point in doing so anyway. He would always try to let her win, kept her happy. They loaded up into their small car and arrived forty-five minutes later at Qing Dynasty.

Everest practically grew up in this restaurant. Every time the opportunity arose, his family would come to this very restaurant. Appolio couldn't say the same. She wasn't from this world. She told no one that she was from a different galaxy, her point of origin unknown to the world. But she once told Everest that she grew up in a small town with a root word meaning star. Hence his nickname for her, no matter how many times she told him that she didn't like it.

When they both got settled in at the restaurant, they talked about their favorite memories. Out of all of them, they both agreed that the ocean memory was their favorite one. It was hilarious to them now because at the time Appolio thought a brick was a piece of garbage when it wasn't. Then again, Appolio was still new to Earth.

At the time of the memory, Appolio and Everest were collecting garbage along the beach and tried to decide what could be recycled. Everest saw her from afar and approached her. From there, a contest started of who could collect the most trash in an hour. Everest won the contest, but he convinced her otherwise, just to make her happy. 

For the rest of the evening, Appolio and Everest enjoyed their meals. As a topic of conversation, Everest babbled about his love of numerology. Not knowing what numerology was, Appolio grabbed her small dictionary out of her purse and looked up the word quickly before giving Everest her full attention. They stayed at the restaurant until closing before they went home and made it a night that they would never forget for as long as they live.

© 2020 all rights reserved MysteriousDryad