Carlos Sainz {23}

(I'm really sorry for the irregular and slow updates. Writing takes time and my life is busier than it should be.)

This one was requested by laraF1lover

~ I miss you every second of the day

"Good luck babe, I love you too."

You sighed and put down your phone. You missed him so much. Carlos was always away for his job. Of course you supported his career and dreams but it was difficult to always feel happy. The days he wasn't in a different country he had to work in the factory and visit his family or do an interview. All of this would have been fine if you go with him. But you couldn't.

Your job was almost as busy as his. You worked for Redbull Racing in the strategy apartment. You loved your job and you loved the team. It is where you and Carlos met when he still drove for Torro Rosso. However there was one big disadvantage to your job. You worked in the factory. Which means you can't go to the races. Of course you where following them live. But only limited to what was important for Redbulls strategy.

All these days alone were very exhausting. You had friends. Of course. But it was different. When Carlos got home you needed to talk to him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Babe? Babe I'm home!" You walked in to the hallway to greet Carlos.

"Hey"

"Baby, are you alright. You sound unhappy."

"We need to talk." You took Carlos hand and sat him down on the couch. "Okay I'm just getting straight to the point. Carlos I'm lonely. You are never home. I really miss you a lot when you're gone and it's killing me. I'm just very unhappy a-and I. I just think it's better if we break up."

"Mi amor..."

"Carlos I know it's difficult but it's better this way."

"Y/N I'm sure we can fix this. We are stronger than this." He took your hands in his and pressed his lips against your forehead. "I miss you every second of the day. It's really difficult for me too. But I'll promise it'll get better."

"I don't know what to do."

"I will fix this. I will fix us. Just give me some time."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You and Carlos were out for dinner. Just the two of you together. You were sitting in the corner of the restaurant and you had a lot of privacy.

"Y/N. I know you are struggling with loneliness and you gave me some time to fix it. I believe I found a solution."

"What is it?"

"I got you a new job."

"But Carlos I love my job!  I don't want to quit that's..."

"Baby listen to me. I got you a job as one of my strategists. This means you can go to the races with me. It also means you have to work less in non race weeks."

"As one of your strategists? On track? That, that's great! Babe you are the best!"

"It my job to make you happy."

"And you're doing an amazing job. I love you."

"I love you too."