PROLOGUE

drip...drip...drip

the water had been dripping on Nicky's forehead for the past 4 days, she watched it when she got bored but other than that slept in the not so comfortable bed but having slept on rocks for the past 6 years, this was heaven for her. how she got here? simple, chasing after a buck and wandered off. before she could notice that she got in a pack she was attacked from all sides and taken to her own room.

exciting right? it gets better.

her own room and finding her mate!! but her mate only came twice a day to give her food and stare at her in confusion but she understood he was busy, he was an alpha of course. she let out a yawn and stretched, letting her muscles stretch and bones pop.

she couldn't help but feel happy, it was almost morning and that meant her mate would come down to see her. she was confused as she tried to relax as much as she could. did all mates meet like this? how long will it take until they hold each other in each other's arms? will there be a trial to see if she was good enough mate or luna?

all the thoughts left her mind as she let out another yawn and slowly her eyes had begun to close and she fell into a deep slumber, her dreams were filled with nothing but the tall, dark-skinned handsome male.

**

morning came and the sun barely lit up the darkroom all it really did was create 3 lined shadows on the floor from the caged window.

even with the moldy scent the room had, she could still smell the wonderful smell her mate created each time he would enter the cells. she woke up from the scent alone and waited till he came by, her stomach growling from the delicious scent of the food.

if she was in her wolf form her tail would have been going crazy.

"hello mate! lovely day today!" Nicky grinned at him, eyes watching him slide the food from under the bars. "thank you for taking the trouble and getting me food" she took the tray and grabbed the food with her dirty hands, ignoring the fork and knife as always. she stuffed her face full, her eyes still not leaving her mates face.

watching him watch her was always interesting, the expressions he made were always nice to inspect.

"Why are you always so relaxed? so calm?" her mate said, she let out a happy scent around her cell, smiling happily at him but only replied with a shrug. he finally talked after 4 days of silence. but after that, no one talked, He watched her eat or drink while she watched him watching her.

after Nicky pushed the plate back out she waved watching as her mate left once again.

Zander was confused, much more than he thought he would ever be. he had the rouge locked up for 4 days now, yet nothing. No bad behavior or whiny comebacks on why he had her locked up.

why was she so relaxed and happy with getting to see him twice a day? shouldn't she be begging to get out and be with him? Zander let out a growl, scaring the kids that were currently playing out in the grassy field. they all scattered to their mother or father but he didn't take any notice.

he walked to his office, slamming the door behind him hard enough to crack the wall and drop a few frames as well. he ran a hand in his hair and ruffled it up with another growl.

Nicky, on the other hand, was well-fed and content being in the cramped up cell. she had everything she needed right here.

a bed, a toilet, her mate and even free food. no cold weather or hunting for hours to catch a buck or two. this was heaven for her. yes the water dripping on her face every few minutes got her frustrated when she went to sleep but she gladly accepted it all.

this was her new home and she couldn't be anymore happier.

//Welcome! I hope you enjoyed this little chapter. I won't go on for long just here to thank you for reading ❤

this is a simple, short book to get me started out. 

I accept any criticism as long as you don't act like a douche, this is my "first" Time writing an actual book that isn't fanfiction so I really hope you will see the hard work I'm putting into it 😀 that's all!!