Chapter 1: Rogue

" of course, alpha Victor," Zander said to the other alpha that was speaking into his ear, phone held tightly in his grip to calm his nerves. "any time would be just fine this week, I have nothing else planned but the usual paperwork" he let out a not so humored chuckle. "a simple get together, no need for you to bring anything. this will be held mostly to see if anyone is mated and to bond our packs with each other for any future trouble"

"We can always go for a run as well at the end of the night" Zander replied to the previous question the other alpha had asked. "of course it wouldn't be a problem, I will wait for you to set a date and time. then we can start setting everything up...thank you for listening to my request. I will be heading off now. goodbye Alpha Victor" he ended the call with a long groan.

phone discarded on the desk, he let his hand run through his hair, messing it even more than it originally was and with a long sigh, he got up to go fix himself up before going to tell the pack the plans for the week and entered the ensuite bathroom that was attached to his office.

he didn't bother with anything special, taking out the hair gell he ran a comb into his messy curled hair. gelling it back to look decent enough.

Zander glanced at himself in the mirror one last time and went to change into something other than his sweatpants. walking to the office closet he picked out a casual outfit and quickly placed it on.

exactly as he was about to call for a pack meeting outside, his beta and very good friend of his mind linked him.

'alpha, a rogue was spotted entering the border. it has been captured and taken into the cells. the west sides warriors say its a female rogue, no pups just herself. '

' I will be right there Luke. gather the pack after we are done with this one for a pack meeting'

He quickly replied and held himself from letting out a groan that was bubbling in his throat. first having to convince another alpha for a peace offering now this?. his nerves were going wild and his wolf wouldn't stop pacing around in the back of his mind, and of course, that meant a headache will be close as well.

'what's wrong with you?'

'I don't know, something good is about to happen, Zander!'

he could practically see his wolf's tail wag like an idiot. he rolled his eyes, knowing how different he and his wolf were.

he quickly made his way to the cells, that were far but close enough from the packhouse for any emergency. Though it would be close to impossible for any wolf to escape from there. the place reeked of silver, basically saying every metal - including the barred windows - were coated in silver, but of course, precautions had to be taken you never know what might happen.

most rogues ended up dead in less than a week so it's rare for anyone to escape. Zander smirked at the thought and spotted the bricked walls of the cells.

he frowned as his wolf went insane inside him, an intoxicating smell was around here but he couldn't find out what it was since he had problems to deal with...Looking around, he frowned and continued his way inside the cells.

the smell got much clearer here, so much that the smell of silver and mold were gone as he walked further into the cells, till he smelled it on the female rogue. his beta and a few warriors were there, waiting for him.

he gulped, he knew what the scent meant but he didn't say anything.

"you guys can lea-"

"mate!! hello mate!!" he got cut off by his...mate

the men looked at him confused. he coughed before turning to glare at the dirt-covered, naked woman. he let out an ear-splitting growl and turned to glare at his warriors and beta.

"leave! now!" they all left with their heads held down. he panted heavily, trying his best to control his wolf to not go on a rampage and kill each one of them. "listen here rouge...i am not your mate. you got me confused with one of these animals that are suffering here with you right now."

he watched his mate frown and...and turn her back on him? to sleep?

**

N I C K Y

**

'there are rarely any more bucks here, Nicky. we need to go further'

'but our home is here, you know we are bad at directions and to not get attacked we can't leave any scent in the cave'

' we're going to end up dead without food'

'fine fineee, you take control now okay? don't go crazy and do not enter any packs by accident'

I let my wolf take control since she controlled her own body better when she had full control. it was the first time any of us were wandering off far from our home. hopefully we find something soon.

I watched closely to make sure we won't enter any packs.

a few minutes passed and soon enough my wolf spotted a berry bush and with both of us not having eaten anything this past week we hadn't even noticed we passed a border a long time ago.

exactly as I shifted to pick as many berries as i could, i got slammed into a tree by 3 big ass wolves.

"oof-" I groaned and whined. "that hurt" I frowned at them but got ignored while they shifted and held my hands behind my back before pushing me into a building. with a long sigh, i didn't put up a fight, too tired to do so.

I couldn't see their faces but I'm sure they were as naked as I was. the difference is they were probably much cleaner than I was. I willingly walked down the stairs of the bricked building, all the rooms were empty but i still got thrown into the last one. like literally thrown.

I sat criss-cross looking at them as another much taller and seemingly stronger male walked in. alpha? I sniffed a bit before shaking my head, deep in thought. no must be a beta.

"hello" i waved with a smile but of course, i got ignored. from a relaxed wolf, my wolf started bouncing around, giving me a headache and before I knew it the best smell to ever exist drifted into the room.

a handsome, dark-skinned male walked to the other four, I watched him gulp and kept quiet for a few seconds.

"you guys can lea-"

"mate!! hello mate!!"

I watched the men look at him with a confused stare, my mate coughed into his fist before turning towards me with a glare. I was still smiling at my handsome mate he looked me up and down before letting out a loud growl and turned his glare towards his friends.

"leave! now!" one by one they left, head down till they walked off from view. I watched him happily as he panted. "listen here rouge...i am not your mate. you got me confused with one of these animals that are suffering here with you right now" he spat out, but the other cells were empty.

I frowned and turned around before going to lay in bed and close my eyes. I heard him let out a growl which had me sit up worried.

"Are you okay mate?" he stared at me weirdly as if i just asked him a silly question. I saw him shake his head before leaving with another growl and slammed the door behind him. this is nice, my own bed and a mate!

I laid back down and got comfortable, letting sleep take over me.