Day 67

May 2nd, 1940.

{Writing}

Dear, Harry:

Sometimes I wonder if you still think of that day. The day it just went downhill for us. I do, sometimes. I try to forget about it. I try to push it back in my mind, but I know we can never forget. I hope someday, we can forget
about it, and forgive each other.

Love, Louis.

.-.

(3 months earlier)

"Lou? could you come here for a second? I need to talk to you." Harry called from downstairs. He had just came home from working at the bakery, and had some alarming news.

"Coming, babe! just give me a sec." Louis responded as he was currently in bed, reading one of his favorite poems, The Raven, by Edgar Allen Poe.

Louis walked downstairs, seeing his boyfriend sitting on the couch with his hands in his lap and his leg shaking slightly. He looked up once he noticed his presence. Louis started to worry as he made his way towards the couch.

"Is everything alright, love?" Louis asked, rubbing Harry's back to calm him down.

Harry nodded, sighing loudly trying to gather the courage to let the news fall from his lips.

Louis began to worry even more. His boyfriend was scaring him, and deep down he was hoping it wasn't anything bad. He was hoping it wasn't something too much of a big deal; But what came next, it was like his life had flashed before his eyes. Only four words made his heart sink into his chest.

"I'm going to war"

Louis looked at him, shaking his head as if he didn't hear what was just said.

"Wha- what?"

"I'm got drafted into war. I got the letter today while at work. I'm going to war, Louis."

Louis didn't know what to say. He was speechless. He stood up slowly, walking back and forth across the living room.

War? Louis repeated in his head. This couldn't be happening. There was no way he was going to war. Louis stopped his movements and made eye contact with Harry.

"You're not going, no, you're staying here. You're not going out there and getting yourself killed!" He yelled. He realized his tone of voice, and started to regret yelling at him.

Harry flinched at his voice. "Lou, I have to, I have no choice. I need to go so I can fight for our country. So I can protect it! I have to go. I know a lot could happen. Whether I survive, whether I get hurt, or maybe even die-"

"Stop!" Louis shouted, cutting him off. He closed his eyes shut, trying hard not to think of that last word that was just said. He couldn't let that happen to him. He just couldn't. He has known Harry his whole life, and possibly losing him was the one thing that never crossed his mind. The one thing he did not want to happen.

"I understand, okay? but I just-I I-can't lose you, Harry! they will kill you, I can't allow that. I don't want to lose you!" His voice began to crack, and he tried his best not to let a tear fall.

"I have no choice, Lou! If I don't go, who knows what they would do to me. I have to go, Louis!"

"No you don't! I don't care what they say, you're not going! you're staying here where you're safe! you're not going out there, I won't let you." He said, with a much calmer tone at the end.

Deep down, he somehow knew he wouldn't be able to let him stay. No matter how hard he tried, he couldn't do it. They continued to yell, neither of them realizing how much they were hurting each other. They continued until one finally broke.

"You know what? if you won't support me in this, if you won't let me go and make me fight for what I care about, then what's the point?" They were both on the verge of crying, breathing heavily, and giving each other looks that could kill, but had so much hurt in their eyes.

"What are you talking about? what do you mean?!" Louis was hoping and praying it wasn't what he was thinking at this very moment. They had come so far, he didn't want to let their relationship fall apart like this.

"Us! what's the point? you're not being supportive, you're not giving me a chance to do what I want. What I am passionate about."

Louis looked at him, shaking his head, wishing this was all a dream and they weren't about to give up five years together. All the years that they had spent growing up together. He didn't want to believe it. He couldn't.

"You- you don't know what you're saying. You can't do this. I'm only trying to protect you!" At this point, Louis already had tears in the corner of his eyes, threatening to fall.

"I'm trying to protect you as well, but I see how ungrateful you're not allowing me to do so. I'll just see myself out."

And at that, Harry walked out, leaving Louis standing there and shaking, not believing what just happened. And as if it took a century, the tears finally fell, and he was already broken.

Here it is, what you've been waiting for!😊 This is only part 1, part 2 coming soon! not today, but soon!. Who do you think is in the right? Harry, or Louis?.
Please vote, comment, or share.xX