Day 99

June 4th, 1940.

Louis waited and waited, but still no sight of Harry. He grew nervous as he watched the soldiers leave the train, one by one.

He was barely to tears. Where is he?
Louis thought. His heart was beating fast, hands sweating and he was shaking with fear.

"Hey lad, you alright?" Asked one of the townsmen, as he put a comforting hand on Louis' shoulder.

Louis flinched a little, but accepted the comforting gesture.

"Yeah, I'm alright." He lied. He most certainly wasn't alright. He was on the verge of tears, but kept them in. So many thoughts were running through his head. What if he didn't make it? What if he didn't survive? what if he possibly died? He hated that he was thinking like that, but he was losing hope as time went on, and still no sign of him.

It grew a bit darker, and people were hugging and kissing, making Louis feel left out. It wasn't until he saw something, that his heart began to slow down. His body stopped shaking. His hands still sweating but that wasn't his main focus.

Him and the familiar man made eye contact for what felt like the longest, before he dashed toward him and into his arms.

"You're here. You're alive." He choked out. "You're home." They held each closer and tighter, not wanting to let each other go.

"I'm home."

The End.

___

And that's it! thank you guys so much!

I actually cried a little because I couldn't believe this story is finally finished😭

It took me a little longer to write because LYTLM came on and I was singing my heart out and soul to it😂

But seriously, I can't believe it! thank you so much for the support, I wouldn't have made it this far.

I'm gonna miss writing this book because it's honestly one of my favorites that I have ever written.

And again, thank you so much😘❤❤

Now before I end this, I just have something important to say.

Yes this is a Larry book, yes this is based on the film; But please remember, real events happened. This war actually happened, and
so many men lost their lives in it. The dates I had referenced in-especially in older chapters, actually happened on those days. The scenes in the movie, actually happened. Dunkirk was a victory war, where those lost, really fought with strength. I don't really want you guys to think of it as just a book or a movie, I want as you probably read this book again, to remember that these things actually happened. As Winston Churchill once said-

"We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds,
we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; We shall never surrender."

Thank you❤❤