Day 81

May 16th, 1940.

{Writing}

Dear, Harry:

I'm running out of things to say to you. It would be easier if you were just here and we could just talk like we used to. I know we're not the same as we used to be. Everyday we would wake up and kiss each other good morning. We would make each other breakfast, and laugh at stupid jokes you would tell. We would kiss each other good night, and tell each other how much we love each other. We would stay up day and night, watching films and shows. I miss it all so much. I just wish you were here to do it all over again.

Love, Louis.

Harry's POV:

(A few weeks later)

My hands held the piece of paper, as my eyes roam over it again and again.

I close my eyes and clench the paper against my chest. Oh how much I miss him. 81 letters and I still feel so empty without him. These letters weren't enough. I just wanted to hold him and never let him go. I wanted us to just hold each other like we used to, and kiss each other with the love we used to have. To hold each other so close, that we feel complete.

It scares me how far I've come. Not many men have survived. It has given me less hope because only time will tell when this war would be over.

We've fought, we've lost others, and saw as blood was shed by the dark. It was our lives we were fighting for, and it terrified us all to horror.

Guilt and Sorrow washed upon us, as we walked on the sand of those who died in agony. Of those who died in vain, trying to protect those who were once loved by them. I didn't want to feel this guilty feeling anymore. I've lost sleep, the weary feeling making me feel stressed. The loss of sleep is to keep eye on mysterious events. Fear that we will be attacked again.

At this point in time, I didn't care about death. I just wanted myself and every other men on this ship, especially those who rest, to be remembered as heroes that fought day and night for his country, and for those he truly loved.

"Harry, we've got company." Tommy whispers, as he held a gun close to him. Tommy was a friend of mine that I met, when I arrived. He was really quiet and didn't say much. I liked him a lot, but of course not in that way. I don't know how Louis would feel if he found out I was interested in someone else.

I got up and we carefully opened the top of the ship. Immediately we caught eye of another unwanted ship that didn't seem so pleasant.

I closed my eyes tightly, and sighed.
And again we go.

Hope you guys liked this chapter!. xX

Finally Harry's pov!😊