Chapter 5

Matthew immediately jumped on Mia's bed once he entered the "forbidden" room, a smirk tugging at his lips. His tall frame took up most the room and Mia crossed her arms with a pout resting on her face. "Really, Matty? Is that necessary?" She asked with a raised eyebrow.

He replied, "Yeah. It is. But, because I'm so amazing, I saved a spot for you right," he paused and patted his lap, "here."

Mia rolled her eyes and sat on her carpeted ground instead, her back resting against her bed.

Janelle was the one who took Matthew up on his offer and sat on his lap while Tiffany took a spot across from Mia.

It was silent for a few seconds until Matthew reached down to play with Mia's hair and a small sound left her plump lips. She mumbled, "Stop it." But didn't make any attempt to move away because, if she was being completely honest, it felt nice.

Then Janelle huffed and started twirling her own hair around her finger, rolling her eyes for a spit second. This resulted in a wide smile spreading across Matthew's face and he questioned, "Jealous much?"

She immediately denied, feigning confusion and replied, "Don't know what you're talking about." But she knew he was exactly spot on, and so did he.

Janelle has had a small... well, rather big crush on Matthew ever since she first saw him. He's exactly her type, looks wise and personality wise, and her crush on him has kept developing ever since then.

She knows that he's always been into Mia, and she still loves Mia to death because she knows it's not Mia's fault that she attracts all the boys, but sometimes it can get annoying. She tries to get Matthew's attention and although he does notice her, he STILL pays more attention towards Mia and focuses solely on her.

Mia has always been completely clueless about Janelle's feelings towards Matthew although Tiffany guessed right away that Janelle liked Matthew.

It was tiring because Janelle wanted to tell Mia, but she was always worried that Mia would just completely ignore Matthew because of it. Mia is just the type of friend who would always put her closest friends before anyone else and although Matthew is very close with Mia as well, Janelle doesn't want to risk ruining their friendship.

Mia would also feel extremely guilty and would be upset that she never noticed. She'd ultimately feel like a terrible friend and Janelle doesn't want her to feel that way because she's in fact an amazing friend.

Janelle may be overthinking things, which is what Tiffany tells her all the time, but she just can't help it.

Matthew continued to tease her and said, "Nah, you're definitely jealous. Here, little baby," he stopped playing with Mia's hair and instead moved his hand towards Janelle's hair, "is this better?"

Now, Janelle was pissed. "Shut the fuck up, Matt. God, you come back for not even two hours and you're already being an asshole."

She got up off Matthew's lap and hastily exited Mia's room, embarrassment burning her cheeks. She never likes to be teased about her crush on Matthew because it makes her feel pathetic and stupid. However, he just doesn't seem to understand that and constantly pokes fun because he thinks he's being funny.

Tiffany followed Janelle to comfort her because she understands why she's upset which then left Mia and Matthew alone together.

No one says anything until suddenly Matthew throws his arms up and asks, "What the hell did I do wrong? I was just joking around, damn."

Mia turned her head to look at him and didn't know whether she should also comfort Janelle or just stay here. She didn't understand what Janelle got so upset over because Matthew was just kidding around and it was a harmless joke.

She shrugged her shoulders and mumbled, "You should still apologize."

He then looked at Mia like grew two heads and said, "Why? I didn't do anything."

Mia signed and replied with, "Yes, but when someone's upset over something someone else said, that person should apologize because they may think it was just a joke but it obviously wasn't funny to the other person. It's just common sense."

Matthew just stared at Mia for a few seconds before reaching over to gently bop her nose and asked, "When did you become so wise, huh? My baby grew up."

She smiled and in a playful tone said, "Shut up, Matty." While shaking her head.

Matthew then moved over in the bed and patted the space next to him so she could lay with him. However, he  didn't actually expect her to crawl on the bed and curl into his side, but she did, and in return he wrapped an arm around her to hold her close.

His heart was pounding from having Mia so close and he wanted to just tilt her chin up and kiss her, yet he knew that would be too much too soon.

It's slow progress, yet it's still progress which is what really matters.

And although he can't kiss her, that doesn't mean he can't sneakily slide his hand under her shirt, letting it rest against the warm flesh of her hip.

She doesn't say anything and doesn't move, so he lets his hand stay there as a small smile forms on his face.

The moment between them was pure and sweet as they just laid there, holding each other on Mia's cramped bed. However, the moment was then ruined when the door creaked open and in came a very livid Gabriel once he saw the position they were in.

Oh, he had enough of Mia's little torture. She was for sure going to get a hard spanking later.