Chapter 8

"Janelle! You're so dirty!" Tiffany shrieked with laughter when Janelle slapped her shoulder in embarrassment, biting her lip to try to hide her own growing smile.

Mia laughed with Tiffany but still said, "Tiff, you're just downright mean, babe."

Janelle soon joined in the laughter and then all three girls were sitting in the childish fort they made, laughing like a devil was inside them.

After a minute or two, the laughter started dying down so the girls decided to return to their game of truth or dare.

They agreed anything could be done except daring one another to eat any condiments (which was Janelle's rule because she promised she would throw up all over the place).

It had just been Janelle's turn to answer a truth, so now she gets to be the person to choose who will suffer under her wrath.

And she ends up choosing Tiffany, the girl who asked her the very embarrassing, truth-revealing question that she will never speak of again.

She turns towards the chosen one and smirks, "So, Tiffany. Truth... or dare?"

All the girls already knew what she was going to choose, including Tiffany herself. "Dare, of course." She answers without a second thought.

Janelle rubs her hands together like an evil villain, "Ooh, you're gonna regret that, little Tiffy."

Tiffany rolls her eyes and says, "Just get on with it, give me my dare."

Janelle thinks for a minute, trying to select the worst dare she could think of.

Finally, after a few more seconds, she comes up with the greatest dare and says triumphantly, "I dare you to go take a little walk to Mia's bathroom and get a nice big drink from her toilet, right outta the damn thing too."

Tiffany's jaw drops because she never expected Janelle to be that cruel and sneaky. "JJ, no way! No way in hell I'm doing that! I mean, no offense Mia but... I know you take a shit ton of shits every day and they ain't small either! I'm not going to risk my health and..." Tiffany pauses and a solemn, very sad look clouds her face as she looks down before whispering, "Fuck."

The rules were either answer the truth/do the dare, or shave your head. None of the girls were willing to do that.

Tiffany gets in a crouched position and crawls out of the fort, a long sigh leaving her cracked lips when she stands and walks towards Mia's connected bathroom.

Realization suddenly hits her when she switches the light on and sees the toilet... shit.

The two other girls followed Tiffany to the bathroom, excited yet also slightly disturbed to see how this plays out.

Tiffany doesn't waste another second, the anticipation killing her, and flings the toilet cover open, getting down on her knees while gripping either side of the toilet.

She takes in three deep breaths before-

"Wait! Wait- I.. I was just joking!" Laughter bubbles from Janelle as she watches Tiffany. "I didn't think you-you were actually going to do it! Mia probably shat like an hour ago!"

Mia pouts and mumbles, "Hey," which only causes more laughter to tumble out of Janelle.

She slaps her knee repeatedly, the continuous laughter filling the bathroom with joyous noise.

"Holy shit, I can't breathe!" Janelle tries to stop laughing but looking at Tiffany's 'I'm done with you' face only makes Janelle laugh even more.

However, their little games were interrupted when a knock on the door pauses their fun, and a very handsome man enters when Mia shouts, "Come in!"

Mia peeps around the corner to see who it was and squeals when she sees Gabe, the man who decided to disappear for 7 days without a text or a call. She runs straight towards him and jumps in his outstretched arms. "You came! I can't believe you're here! Where have you been? You've been gone for a week!"

She cuddles into his tight embrace, her anger long forgotten as the happiness and relief fills her, causing her heart to flutter.

He groans and buries his nose in her hair, taking in her addictive, captivating scent that he missed so very much.

He mumbles, "Work had me busy, baby. But I'm glad to be back. I missed you."

Mia completely forgot about her friends that were most likely watching from behind the bathroom door, and could only focus on the man whose torso she currently had her legs wrapped tightly around.

Her heart thudded in her chest and she refused to let go of Gabriel, clinging onto him like he would disappear at any given moment.

"You could've texted, at least." She whined and and whispered quietly so only he could here, "Never leave me like that ever again otherwise I'll swear the whole time you're here."

He smiled into her hair and reminded her, "You know what will happen if you do that, baby."

And all she said was, "Exactly."

***

When Gabriel finally left the room, which took much convincing on his side, Mia sighed sadly. She already missed his safe, warm embrace.

However, her thoughts were then interrupted by the shocked words from Tiffany. "What the hell just happened? Like... what the fucking hell just took place in your goddamn room?" Both girls stared at Mia as if they saw a ghost, and Mia only widened her eyes as she realized that they witnessed that whole exchange.

She silently cursed under her breath which made her think of Gabriel and his secret promise to her. A small smile found its way onto her face but was quickly wiped off when Tiffany said, "You know what? Never mind because it's my turn to ask," she pauses, "so, Mia... truth or dare?"

If Mia chose truth, she would lie. It's that simple. It's a game that they've always played by the rules, but she would never reveal something so destructive. She knows it would only put Gabriel in "danger," and she would never let that happen.

However, if it was a dare, what could Tiffany even make her do? Something probably so small and harmless. Plus, she was looking for a little fun.

So that's exactly what she chose."Dare."

Which ended up being a very bad decision on her part because the next words that came out of Tiffany's mouth made Mia's eyes widen and lips part open.

Now, she was most definitely not expecting that.