Chapter 11

SHE HASN'T SEEN him for two weeks. He's snuck over a few times, but he would make sure to only reside in the living room with Damien, Mia's dad.

Mia's heart aches. She misses him. Even if they couldn't be together in that way, she still wants to see him. He's been in her life since she's been born. He's basically another member of the family.

Although, even though she misses him, she's still pissed off. He shouldn't treat her like this. She didn't do anything wrong except love him too much.

However, luckily she's found a temporary solution for the pain of the "breakup."

Matthew. Or as she calls him, Matty. You know, the boy Gabe beat to a pulp and somehow didn't get charges charged against him.

He was currently driving to Mia's house as Mia waited in the kitchen, looking for something to snack on until he arrives.

As she rummaged through the cabinets, she could hear Gabriel's annoying deep chuckle coming from the foyer which caused her heart to beat just a little faster, and her stomach to twist in knots.

Butterflies swarmed her stomach and she convinced herself it was because of Matthew, even though deep down she knew it was because of the man she couldn't have.

After a few minutes of waiting and eating rainbow goldfish, Matthew texted that he was here. Mia became even more nervous because she knew she had to go into the living room to tell her dad she was leaving, and  that means she'll have to face the jerk, and she really doesn't want to see him right now.

She deeply sighed, mentally preparing the possible embarrassment she is about to face. After a few seconds, she began her way to the living room. The closer she got, the louder their voices became. However, she was mostly focusing on one particular voice.

She paused before entering, rethinking going in and instead thinking about just texting her dad. But she decided against it. She has to face the jerk one day, so it might as well be now.

She walks in slowly and her eyes immediately find Gabe. He has a cold beer in his hand and the largest grin on his face. He looks happy. Really happy.

It tears her apart.

"Dad?" Mia mumbles quietly. Both men peer over at her, and before she looks away from Gabe she sees him look down at his lap.

Coward.

"Yes, sweetie?"

She twirls a piece of hair around her index finger. "I'm going out with Matty. I'll see you probably later tonight."

Damien raises his eyebrows as if to say 'the boy who Gabriel beat up?' but says, "Ookay. Don't stay out too late, and make sure to drive safely, Mia. And don't do anything I wouldn't do!"

She smiles and promises, "I won't. Love you dad," and bends over to give him a kiss on the cheek: She makes direct eye contact with Gabriel and as she walks away she says, "See you, Gabe."

He doesn't reply.

**

"Matty, stop!" She squeals as he tickles her sides. They were currently in the Taco Bell parking lot, debating whether or not to eat here or at Burger King.

Mia wants to eat at Burger King but Matthew demands tacos which explains the tickling situation.

"Not until you give up and agree to eat at Taco Bell!" He rumbles, and continues tickling her. She had her body twisted in her seat so her head was resting on the car door and her legs extended into Matthew's area.