Chapter 13: Round One

*The Island of Patch, Summer Rose's grave.*

Ruby: Hey, mom. Sorry I haven't come by in a while. Things have been... well, things have been, pretty busy. Oh, Dad's here, too! He's, uh, you know... Dad. He's still teaching at Signal. But he told me that he's going to be on some mission soon. I think he misses adventuring with you. I miss you too. Haven't gotten kicked out of Beacon yet! So that's cool. I think being on a team with Yang helps. Keep her in line... That was a joke. She's actually a really great fighter! You can tell she's learned a lot from Dad! Oh, so are Weiss and Blake. Oh! They're my teammates! Together, we form Team RWBY! And yes, before you ask, that does cause a lot of confusion. We also have a extra teammate, his name is (Y/N). You can say he's like our big brother. He watches over us and makes sure we don't do anything bad. He cares about us a lot, and we do too. His semblance is the coolest thing ever! It shouts out "Ora Ora Ora Ora!"
It's so fast and strong too! He also says "Good grief" a lot.

Ruby pretends to have (Y/N)'s hat and imitates him.

Ruby: Good grief, Star Platinum! It's so cool! He's been through some really bad times. He saved Remnant with his team two years ago. No one knew what they were doing. He lost people close to him. He almost lost family, but he did the impossible and pushed on. He's also Blake's boyfriend, (Y/N) doesn't really show affection towards her, though Blake already knows that in the inside he loves her very much. Anyways, I made a bunch of new friends, and then I met some... let's just say, uh, odd teachers. Oh! We've also stopped some bad guys, too! I guess it's like they say: "like mother, like daughter!" I still wonder why Ozpin let me into the school early. But uh, I guess he'll tell me one day. You know how he is. It's funny, the more I get to know him, the more he's starting to sound like Uncle Qrow.

A bark is heard as Ruby turns to see Zwei and her father Taiyang waiting for her.

Ruby: Oh! Looks like Dad's back! I gotta go! He's dropping me off at Beacon for the tournament match before he goes on his next mission. Wish me luck! It was good to talk.

*The Amity Colosseum.*

Three familiar teachers are sitting at a sportscaster's desk, with a microphone between them and the holographic image of the four kingdoms' symbols united as one.

Port: Hello! It seems that we have another astonishing bout ahead of us! Wouldn't you agree, Professor's?

Joseph: OH MY GOD! This is match is outstanding!

Oobleck: Doctor. And yes Mr.Joestar, I think it's safe to say this match may be the closest we've seen of the four-on-four round of the tournament!

Port: For those of you just now joining us, welcome to the Vytal Festival Tournament, broadcast live from the Amity Colosseum!

Port: If this is your first time watching, allow us to break down the rules.

Oobleck: The tournament is divided into three distinctive rounds; teams, doubles, and singles. Age and school year are irrelevant! In this tournament, your only attribute being tested is skill.

Port: Correct! The winners of this battle will elect two of their members to represent them in the doubles round, followed by the winners of that round choosing one member to advance once again. The remaining combatants will then fight their way through the final bracket in the hope of achieving victory for their kingdom!

Oobleck: And yes, Peter, these certainly are some spectacular spectacles on which to spectate on! I don't think anyone tuning in around the world is going to disagree with me on that!

Port: Ahh, and why would they? Now, let's get back to the match between team RWBY of Beacon, and team ABRN, of Haven.

Joseph: Go team RWBY!