-1-

"Go away!"

"You can't make me!"

Zim watched as two girls argued about an unknown topic. It was interesting to say the least. For once, it wasn't him and Dib fighting. He looked around to see everyone else's reactions, which were quite mundane. Almost nobody was paying attention the fight. Instead, they all just kept eating the disgusting slop which they called lunch. Today's special was neon green goo covered in gravy.

Delicious.

Eventually, the tiny argument turned into a full fledged fight. Punches and kicks were exchanged between the two. It seemed at that moment that people finally gave their attention to it. Chants of 'Fight, Fight, Fight!' and 'You go girl!' were heard throughout the cafeteria.

It got to the point where blood was being spilled onto the already nasty floors. Finally, the teachers arrived at the scene and put a stop to it. The girls were taken to the office to talk to the principal while the rest of the students were expected to return to class. Of course, Zim was curious and wanted to know what that was all about. I mean, who wouldn't? So, he made a plan.

"Ms. Bitters, I have a mighty need to use the restroom," he called out to his teacher. "Fine, take a hall pass," the woman said in an uncaring voice. It was a mystery why she became a teacher. It seemed like she didn't even like children, much less teenagers.

Zim grabbed the only hall pass made out of paper and ran out of the room. He then stood next to the door to the principal's office and tried to eavesdrop on the ongoing conversation.

"All....this....disappointing....better," was all that he could hear. So, he took off his wig and used his antennae to listen better. This time, the words were more clear. "Gretchen, I don't get why you would do all of that just for a boy. You're better than this! And you, Amanda, you shouldn't pry into other peoples' lives. Gretchen will tell you what she wants to."

Zim stuck his tongue out. All of that for nothing? And what did the principal mean by 'for a boy'? Was she commanded to do it or something? It was all very confusing to him. He should probably ask somebody about it, but who? "Alright, you girls are dismissed, go to the nurse or something. I don't really care what you do anymore," the principal announced. Shit, Zim needed to hide. And fast! He used his mechanical spider-like legs to climb onto the roof. Hopefully nobody would look up.

The girls walked out of the office and glared at eachother before walking in opposite directions. Thank God they didn't notice him. Once they were out of sight, Zim climbed down and ran back to class. There were like, 5 minutes left, but he didn't care. He needed to ask someone what happened, and he knew just the person....

Dib-stink.

He knew a lot about humans, as he was a human himself, so he would know how to answer his questions! Of course, it wasn't going to be easy to ask him. After all, they were enemies. However, he needed to put all of that behind him and just ask away. How hard could it be? "Go away Zim." Dib had noticed the little alien running up to him and he didn't want to deal with whatever he was going to do.

"This is important Dib-stink. Surely you aren't afraid of a measly question?" Dib sighed. "What is it?" He noticed that the group of people they were walking with had disappeared. They really didn't walk next to him, huh? "When those two girl thingies were sent to the office, I decided to study what was going on. After all, it was so interesting! And I heard that the Gretchen lady was fighting 'because of a boy'. What did he mean by that?" Dib eyed the alien suspiciously. "Are you sure that's what you heard?" Zim nodded.

"Then that means she has a crush on a boy, but who...?" Zim shrugged. "What is a crush?" Dib blinked slowly. "A crush is someone that you love. Or, I guess in your case, someone you want to mate with. Do Irkens not have crushes or something?" Zim shook his head. "Not really. Irkens do not feel this 'love' thing you speak about. In fact, they don't even mate. The only irkens to do that are defectives."

Dib nodded.This was all so interesting. I mean, could you imagine a world like the Irkens'? For them, their purpose is to work until they die. Kind of like bumblebees or ants. Then again, Zim did remind Dib of an ant. He had the antennae and everything. Maybe Irkens were related to ants? "Hey, Dib-thing, you didn't answer my other question." Zim said blankly. "Oh uh, what was it?" He sighed.

"What do people do when they have crushes?" Dib thought for a bit. "Well, I haven't really had one, but in movies they usually ask their crush out on a date. They also act really nice to them and give them free stuff I guess."

The pair walked and talked until they arrived at Zim's house. "Well, good bye Dib-stink," he said walking towards his door. He then slammed it, but not before yelling," I still hate you!"

'Wow' Dib thought. 'Did I actually have a conversation with Zim?' How peculiar. Normally the alien would start shouting at him, but it seemed like he was actually invested in what he had to say. That's new. It did kind of make sense though. After all, they were in their senior year of HiSkool. Dib was 18 now, meaning he was more mature, so he had no more time for these petty little arguments.

Plus, he wasn't really threatened by Zim's schemes anymore. Six years had passed and no progress had been made. It was honestly quite sad. Dib hummed a tune and made his way back home. He ignored his sister's remarks of him being late and headed to his room. He then got comfortable and fell asleep. Tomorrow was a weekend, so he wanted to enjoy himself. Maybe he could even stop one of Zim's plans again.