I'm right here

"John, you believe me with everything else, why not this too?"

John looked at Sherlock, still convinced that he was either dreaming or mixed another story with his claim.

"Sherlock-"

"No John, I am fairly sure, I think I even have written proof from one of the entries," Sherlock stated.

"Entries of what?" John looked back at him, and seeing that he began taking down a box from the shelf, understood what he had meant.

Sherlock and John began a small book on the growth of little Hamish when he was a toddler and stopped after his first year of school. It was between themselves, the Holmes-Watson's and they used to write in it every few weeks together. Usually it was Sherlock with the pen and John with the photos and glue. A smile appeared on John's face as he recalled on those fond memories.

After about 15 minutes of searching, Hamish came and sat down on a sofa and began to read, when he saw Sherlock murmur under his breath 'where has it gone?'

As the reader, I need to make sure you are all caught up with a few things:
1. Sherlock wouldn't be searching for a goddamn book for 15 minutes and waste his life, but he knew that John wanted to see it again
2. Sherlock has not forgotten where he put the book. He's just saying that to see if John was guilty of taking it from there and putting it in the place he knew he'd put it. And of course John was guilty.
3. He badly wanted to show Hamish

"What are you looking for, Papa?"

"A book I kept when you were a baby. We can't agree on something so I need to show him the truth."

Hamish smiled. "I thought Dad was the writer?"

Sherlock looked at his son, no, John's son, and gave him a knowing smirk.

"You've seen him type?" Which was a stupid question considering they lived together and Hamish interrupted his blogging just to annoy him.

"Well, yeah," Hamish answered, surprised by the level in difficulty to answer it compared to the others.

"I can't even tell you how slow he is with a pen" Sherlock said.

A small voice from the table suggested John was eavesdropping. "I'm right here."

Hamish looked between them, and grin growing on Sherlock's face and a pause of the blogging from John to smile at the situation. He may not be as good at deductions as Papa yet, but it was easy to find out that his fathers were so in love.