Merry Christmas

It's a pity it's not Christmas now in Australia. It will be in 4 months though!

Ms Hudson looked up at Sherlock, who was playing the violin for the small Christmas gathering because he had been forced to by many of the invitees. After a short break in the song, Ms Hudson leaning toward little Hamish, whispered more to herself: "What a lovely evening it's been."

Hamish looked up at Ms Hudson, who had always seemed to have a connection between themselves, and nodded.

"Your Papa is a great player Hamish," she smiled.

Hamish agreed silently, but felt like telling the truth about something. Sherlock, listening to their conversation, had grown to know that the little pause here meant he was going to say something very out of the blue, perhaps accusatory on someone. John was so done with this that he let Sherlock deal with all of the random comments himself. 

"When he's being a prick he's your child" he'd say. "Makes sense right?"

Sherlock began to end the song softly, and at the end, he declared: "He is also an excellent tree-burner"

Spectacular. Our little darling has got the wits, humour, looks and also now, sass. Absoulutely fantastic.

John, who usually zoned out at this part, snorted at his comment and smirked at Sherlock in the eyes when everybody else attempted to keep it in and look at the floor. 

"It was an accident Hamish," Sherlock sighed

Hamish looked at his Papa intently. Was he being serious? He was the one who taught him what an accident was and it was definitely anything but that.

"Papa, you do know that an acciedent is by definition an unplanned event or circumstance?"

John, who had just came into the living room with a kettle, walked up to Sherlock, poured tea into small teacups, and patted him with the largest grin that screamed 'He's most definitely your son right now'

Did John ever feel bad about Sherlock's embarressment? No. Never. That was probably the funniest day ever. John beamed at this memory while squeezing Sherlock's hand, asking him if he had done anything stupid in fron of Hamish the last coupld of days, failing to keep the laugh in.