"It's not that bad!"

"Look, I'm sorry if I was the one who taught Hamish to say what's on his mind, and I promise I'll teach him to not say it so loudly-oh," Sherlock opened the door to the bedroom. "No, actually, John, that really is a horrendous shirt. Where did you get it?"

"Oh, I hate you with every inch of my being."

"Well that's not really a lot of inches, is it."

"Run."

Sherlock looked at John, smiling ever so slightly.

Hamish, who had squeezed past Sherlock to sit on the bed, watched the scene about to take place.

"What do you expect a man to wear to the homewear store when all his clothes need washing and his washing machine broke?" John had begun his little tantrum.

"My clothes?"

"Oh."

"Go get the white shirt with a collar. And Hamish, take the one daddy is wearing right now and give it to me. We need to go get rid of it."

"It's not that bad!" John said, opening their closet. "Sherlock, you really don't need to specify that it has a collar. Almost all your clothes have collars."

"Papa has clothes without collars?" Hamish asked.

"My mistake. Every single one is a collared shirt."

"Well for a man who wears such a daft-looking top, I thought I must specify the obvious," Sherlock stated.

"Wow daddy, looks like your in deep crap."

"My, where did you pick up that laguage young man?"

"Where do you think an eight-year-old would easily pick up childish phrases such?"

"School," John said, shaking his head.

"John, we'll be leaving in five minutes. I'll meet you downstairs. I left the keys on the table and the lights are all off."

"Alright."

"Can we get a yellow washing machine, daddy?" Hamish called as he was being taken by Sherlock to the entrance.

"Absoulutely not!" a muffled voice came from beyond the bedroom door.

"Come along, Hamish, I'll get you a multiple coloured washing machine, if you want."

"Wow!"

"I heard that, Sherlock! I will kill you if we have to have a rainbow washing machine in the appartment." 

"We'll see, John, don't panic," said Sherlock as he shut the door behind him.