Chapter 1: Evening

Newspaper over his head, racing to the garage, Mondo leaps over the puddle that's forming underneath his feet. "Damn.. where'd this weather show up from?" He mumbled as he threw the paper in the closest trash can.

The smell of oil and gas fill the area as he looked around for his motorcycle. While walking over, clothes dripping with each step, Takemichi stopped him by the door "You're soaked, chill out!" Mondo paused as the boy continued "Just dry off a bit before you flood the studio."

"Okay, okaayyy.." Mondo dragged his last word as he hung his jacket up.

He rolled his bike up and the smaller man went up to him "It's dangerous boss.. just be careful, yah know... the storm..." with his hand on Mondo's shoulder, he smiles softly.

"Yeah man, don't even worry about it, don't sweat it" Mondo chuckled while placing his hand on Takemichi's and patting it.
Grabbing his jacket, he mounted his bike and kicked up the stand. Waving to his friend, he blotted off splashing through the water waiting for him on the other side.

***

The sound followed and so did eyes, he felt good being the center of attention. The fact that he could strike fear in the hearts of his enemies with a single look always excites him.
He zones out thinking about his previous endeavors, when he suddenly hears a faint sound almost drowned out by all of the rain. He slows down to a stop at the lights.

The barking is now audible, and Mondo starts scanning the area. Head facing left and right, up and down. Then he spots it, a small soaked box with scratched sides and holes. His heart sinks as he hears the weak sounds of the animal, so he pulls over to the side of the road and leads down to look in the box.

A pointed earred snowy white pup with charcoal spots and ruby highlighted eyes that look straight back at him. Mondo's heart absolute melts, "Aren't you the most beautiful thing" he fangirls over the dog and reaches his hand out for the pup to sniff and it rubbed its head into his hand. Mondo Flips.
"You alone? You wanna come home with me?" He questioned the animal as he pets it and it shakes almost like a nod. So Mondo puts it in his shirt as a makeshift seatbelt and hops on his motorcycle "You ok bud, theres gonna be alot of movement but dont worry" he looks down at the now sleeping puppy and smiles as he drives home.