Chapter 7 - Angry British Man?

I stared at America open-mouthed. Britain? It could have been anyone but him??? I stood there unsure of what to say.

"Well... guess I'll have to make the most of it?" I said softly chuckling to myself. Meanwhile, my brain played an infinite loop of the phrase "you're gonna die".

"Yeah, it's not exactly the situation I would have suspected myself. I don't know how they got him to agree to this and why you couldn't have stayed with someone more... 'inviting'," America said shrugging.

"Well (Y/N) could stay with me?" Delaware suddenly spoke up. I was thankful for him. He really was a nice guy.

"Sorry Del, but UN thinks it's a better idea if they stay with us countries." Canada said giving me a pitiful look.

We shared a few more words, nothing much as at that point there wasn't much left to say. America offered to drive me there but before we left, Canada handed me a backpack full of newly bought clothes and other necessities. I was truly thankful.

Exchanging our goodbyes and a hug with Delaware, I waved as we pulled out of the driveway and headed to Britain's place.

America didn't talk much during the trip, but one look at his face and I could tell he was genuinely concerned for me. I noticed him sneak a couple of glances at me as I watched out the car. Our eyes made contact once and I winked at him teasingly causing him to immediately turn away a little red.

I wish I could have read his face but his glasses gave nothing away.
Soon we arrived at Britain's house... or should I say manor? Huge was an understatement for the description of the house. It looked almost like a castle with its Roman architecture and wonderfully landscaped lawn. The driveway turned in a circle and in the middle of it all was a luxurious water fountain with the statue of dancing cupids at the top.

I thought it was a bit cheesy but still couldn't help but marvel at the area.

Taking my time, I grabbed my bag and slowly made my way out the car following America to the doorstep. I was glad he allowed me to take my time. What confused me the most however was how he seemed to be stalling himself.

I had to snap my fingers in front of him to get his attention and only then did he ring the doorbell which echoed throughout the home.

We both waited nervously, not talking at all as we heard shuffling from behind the door. Slowly the door creaked open and a familiar country burst out and hugged America in joy.

"Amérique chérie! What a surprise! I thought I would be seeing Canada later!" The french country said in a shrill voice.

"M...mom! Uh yeah I told Canada I would just bring (Y/N) here myself." America said awkwardly hugging France back.

France pulled back and turned to me with a warm smile on her face.

"Ah, Bonjour, mon ami! You must be (Y/N)! We were expecting you!"

"Oh... h... hey what's up?" I said softly. I wasn't too great around strangers or people I didn't know.

"Mom where's dad?" America asked a nervous edge to his voice,
"Your father had to stay out late at work today. I told him that I could take care of (Y/N) while he was out."

At this America perked up, "that's FANTASTIC! I mean... that's good (Y/N) has someone to look out for them." America chuckled nervously.

France shook her head. After a few more sentences of conversation, me and America finally said our goodbyes and goodnights. After he left, France took me inside the stellar mansion and showed me to my room.

I would have liked to elaborate on the intricate design of the house but at this point I was way too tired to care. France meanwhile was kind and very caring. She acted more and more motherly the more we talked. I kinda liked it but at the same time kinda felt a little homesick.

After France showed me my room, I quickly wished her goodnight quite ready for bed. Taking a quick shower and changing into a pair of pjs that were in the bag, I leaped into bed closing my eyes.

~~~

Slowly, my eyes startled fluttering open. I looked around to see a clock in the corner of the room show the time a little past 2 in the morning. Groaning, I slowly slipped out of bed and started wandering toward where I believed the kitchen was for a drink of water.

It was dangerously dark and I could barely see anything but the light of the moon shining from the windows was just enough to keep me from running into objects.

Slowly I turned a corner into yet another dark room. At this point, I was almost wandering aimlessly hoping I would eventually walk into the kitchen.

As I walked forward into the dark room I felt my leg bump into something on the ground causing me to trip. Something underneath me topped down as well tossing light objects in all directions.

I slowly sat up rubbing my head to see myself sitting in a pile of papers. Feeling a little guilty, I started grabbing some and started putting them back into the cardboard box from which they had fallen out of.

It was still really dark and I couldn't make out the contents of what the papers had. I still somehow managed to make out a few words however. The writing in most of them was done in ink and was faded. I could make out some cursive words and realized that I had most likely stumbled upon papers and documents from Britain's colonial days.

As I peered down at the writing to get a closer look, the lights of the room suddenly flickered on.

"What in the bloody hell do you think you're doing?"

I froze. Slowly I turned my head to a figure in the doorframe feeling a chill run down my spine. Britain stood there, his hand still half on the light switch with an equally angry and surprised face.

"I... I can explain!" I said quickly standing up with the paper still in my hand.

"Like hell you can! What do you think you were doing going through my papers like that eh? You have a dead sentence boy?"

I didn't know what to say. I stood there with a dumb look on my face avoiding eye contact.

"I was just trying to clean up after tripping over the box in the dark... sir." I added awkwardly.

"Rubbish. Why were you here in the first place?"

"I... I was looking for the kitchen sir. I couldn't find my way around in the dark..." I said barely whispering. I waited, my head down, awaiting Britain to yell at me some more. But all that came was a sigh.

I looked up slightly confused to see Britain shaking his head with a hand on top.

"I'm too tired to deal with this right now. The kitchen is down the hall to your right. I'll clean the rest of this mess. NOW GET OUT." He said slowly.

Seeing an escape, I nodded handing him the paper in my hand. I flinched as I walked past him and had to do my best not to sprint down the hall in excitement and fear.

"AND TURN ON A BLOODY LIGHT NEXT TIME."

•~•

Yall I apologize for the late update. School has started and with homework and marching band engulfing my time I'm finding it a little hard to find time to write. But I'm still gonna try to have a somewhat decent update schedule. I would say every 7-10 days? Yeah. Shoutout to all you guys in Marching band. Make sure you stay hydrated~

Anyway thanks for reading and hope you have a good day/night/3am!