Chapter 12 - Russia

The next day I found myself standing outside of a wooden cabin in the middle of pretty much nowhere. Actually, I wouldn't say that, the area was surrounded by thick forests but you couldn't make out anything past the trees.

Indo and Phil had decided to accompany me to Russia's house. Malaysia had stayed behind. I wasn't exactly sure why but he said he had work to do. Honestly, I couldn't blame him if he wanted to stay out of the whole "there's a human in our world" fiasco.

"Why do I have to go to Russia's again?" I asked for possibly the fifth time groaning.

"Because he's the one EU told us to take you too. He's also the safest country you can be with. He won't harm you and as long as you're with him, no one will come near you." Phil responded rolling his eyes.

I gulped unsure of how to feel about that. I could tell by the nervous flicker in Indo's eye that he too was scared of Russia. As for not harming me... I could only hope that I would make it through the night alive.

"C... come on! Let's knock." Indo said rushing forward to the door. He seemed pretty eager to get this over with.

Sighing, I followed him with Phil walking behind me. The sound of heavy thuds rang out as Indo knocked on the wooden door. We waited in silence until finally we heard a click from the other side.

The door slowly swung open and the three of us looked up to see a dark figure glaring down at us. If I had known Russia would be a good foot and a half taller than me, I wouldn't have agreed to have stood right in front of the door.

"H... hey Russia! We... we were just bringing (Y/N) to you! I'm s... sure EU informed you about the situation!" Indo stammered out hands fidgeting by his side.

"Yes..." The Russian responded slowly. He back up to allow me entry. I turned to the two countries terrified. Immediately, Philippines jumped onto me engulfing me in a hug.

"You be safe okay? It was great meeting you!" He said cheerfully. Smiling, I wrapped my hands around him and returned the hug. I heard Russia snort in the background.

Phil let go and Indo walked up to me.

"Hey... I never got a chance to say sorry... "

I frowned at him. "About what?"

"About last night... I should have remembered. I get nightmares sometimes and I..." Indo's voice began to break.

Eyes widening, I pulled him in for a hug. "No... no don't apologize. Nightmares aren't something you should deal with by yourself. I was happy to be able to help you!"

I could feel Indo smile even without looking at him. "T... thank you (Y/N)" he whispered in my ear before letting me go. He whipped his face with his sleeves and I could only assume he had started crying. I gave him a warm smile.

After that, we exchanged whole hearted good byes and I watched them turn and leave.

As soon as they were out of sight, a cold shiver ran up my back as realization flooded back. I was at Russia's.

Slowly I turned around to see him staring daggers in my direction.

"Well? Are you going to come in or not?" He snapped.

As much as I wanted to turn around and bolt, I hurried inside not wanting to keep him waiting. I felt like a child being scolded by their parents. As soon as I stepped in, Russia slammed the door making me jump.

"I'll show you to your room," he muttered under his breath before walking away down the hallway. I shoved my shaking hands in my pant pockets and followed him down the wooden hallway.

The interior of the cabin looked quite cozy and sort of like a hunting cabin. There was a bear skin rug in the middle of the floor and even a couple of animal head trophies lining the top of the walls. The painting in the house were all depictions of nature and the forest outside. They varied in seasons and even in the animals that were in them.

I opened my mouth to ask about one specifically but closed it realizing that maybe now was not the best time. Russia finally stopped at a door and swung it open moving out the way.

I sneaked a glance inside to see a queen sized bed covered in brown leaf printed sheets, a small yellow lamp on the wooden nightside and another painting on the opposite wall showing a grazing deer. It looked quite cozy.

"This is your room. You can do whatever you want but don't disturb me and DON'T come into my room." Russia growled before turning and disappearing down the hall. I gaped at how easily he had let me go. I had expected there to be a lecture of some sorts. Some sort of speech about how much he hated humans. But nothing came.

Instead, I turned back into the room and looked around. I walked to the bed and placed my backpack down when something caught my eye. There on the window on the left side, was a piece of paper stuck under the frame.

I narrowed my eyes walking over. I grabbed the paper with one hand and lifted up the windowsill freeing it. I quickly noticed that it was an envelope and began to rip it open. Inside was a small note written in neat cursive.

"I wasn't expecting an opportunity to come this soon but one must always be prepared for every scenario. I don't have much information on the bunker but it should be in the forest. Good Luck (Y/N)."

My skin turned pale. The letter wasn't signed but I already knew who it was from. How in hell had Germany got this letter here so quickly? How did he even know that I was going to Russia's? How did he even get onto his land?

A million questions swirled around in my head but I chose to ignore them. It seemed as if I didn't really have a choice either way. Shoving the note into my back pocket, I walked out of my room and to the front door.

"Hey Russia, I'm gonna go take a stroll in the forest if you don't mind!" I yelled out into the house. I waited patiently for an answer but only received silence in return. "Russia?" I called out again. No response.

"Uh... I'll be... outside if you need me." I said frowning. He probably was choosing to ignore me which was honestly fine in my opinion. I opened the heavy wooden door and stumbled out, slowly closing it shut behind me.

The forest air was different than all the places I had been to so far. It seemed... fresh, clean and oddly relaxing. The only noises in the forest were the soft rustle of the leaves in the wind and the occasional chirp from a bird overhead.

Deciding that I probably had a lot of ground to cover, I started walking keeping an eye out for anything that looked like a building or a cave hidden amongst the trees.

The leaves crunched under my shoes and occasionally a squirrel would scurry past only half acknowledging my existence. As I walked on, I inspected the trees making out different figures from the paintings I had seen earlier in the house. Comparing them to what was in front of me, they seemed very well painted capturing the forest atmosphere almost perfectly with all it's warm shadowy lighting.

I smiled enjoying myself. I was just about to turn when suddenly, there was a rustling from the bush behind me. I whipped around eyeing the thick pack of leaves suspiciously.

Suddenly, a creature jumped out slamming right into my body causing me to give a yelp of surprise. I fell backwards with the creature following on top of me. My eyes closed at the impact of the hit and when they opened, they took a minute to adjust. I gasped as soon as my vision cleared.

"America?!" 

~~~

Hey hey! Guys oh my gosh how is this story #2 on CountryxReader??? I honestly can't thank you guys enough! I know it's been a while since my last update and I want to apologize. School's still pretty busy and the last weeks been kinda rough. On the bright side, I've got thanksgiving break to catch up and hopefully write a few more chapters of this! 

As always, thanks for reading this! I always love reading your comments, and just seeing the support that you guys give for this amateur piece of baloney. I hope you have a nice day/night/3am!

~ Dorito