Chapter 21 - Reunion

"Please."

I stared at Germany. For that second it seemed as if there was no one else in the room. His eyes stared back at me, a desperation reflecting from them.

I clenched my teeth and slammed the button with unnecessary force.

Almost immediately, the screens all began to glow.

"Manifestation process started," came a computer voice.

My eyes darted to the cylindrical tube which had lightened up. Germany stumbled backwards as the glass started to cloud over. Germany's figure soon disappeared within the fog and suddenly the outline of his body began to glow a bright gold.

I heard various gasps from the side and looked over to see Japan's mouth wide open while Poland covered his with a hand. Even South's eyes were wide open.

"Extraction process complete. Starting creation program now." The computer voice said.

As if on cue, Germany's outline blinked out and we heard a small thud from where he had been. Meanwhile, the other tube had started to fill up with the same fog. I turned to the screen to see a yellow bar almost completely filled up. Turning back I noticed that the other countries hadn't moved.

They simply stayed where they were, wearing similar terrified looks, unsure of what was happening. Japan looked over to me and we made eye contact.

To my suprise, he gave me a soft sad smile and whispered something that looked vaguely like "it's alright".

Bless Japan and his ability to understand the shit I do. I looked at the screen unable to keep my eyes on the experiment. I didn't want to see what was going to happen to Germany and although the yellow bar moved slowly, it provided some sort of comfort.

I hoped what I did had been the correct choice. All Germany had wanted was to see his brother. And gosh darn it, who was I to stop him. Sure it was entirely possible that since East had been part of Germany that I had just created a split in the actual country back on Earth but hey.

They can't blame me for a crime they don't know I commited.

Right?

I gulped hoping everything was alright. Behind me, I heard footsteps run across the room. I flinched remembering that Germany had shot North Korea. Oh god what was I doing.

Maybe I was being overly anxious but what if I had just witnessed the start of World War 3? I gulped staring at the screen begging it to go faster. And then finally...

"Manifestation completed. All vitals steady." The computer voice said. I whipped my head towards the containers just in time to see the one Germany was in start to defog. The door automatically swung open more than it already was and a body fell out.

Me and Poland yelped in union sprinting over to Germany. Poland gently picked up his face and turned him over almost screaming at what he saw.

Germany's glasses were hanging loosely from his pale face. And by pale I mean the colors of his flag had quite literally lost all their color and had dulled to a gray. That itself would have been enough of a surprise when we noticed the faint cracks covering this face as well. They were almost unnoticeable but at a closer inspection clearly there.

"Niemcy!Twoja biedna twarz! Dlaczego miałbyś to robić samemu, idioto!" Poland sputtered out pulling Germany close to himself.

I bite my tongue unsure of what to say when I heard another glass door open followed by a pssshhh.

I turned around eyes wide as another country exited the other tube. The smoke cleared and I gasped.

It was East. East Germany.