Chapter 13 - Search

"(Y/N)?! What are you doing here. Actually nevermind that! WE HAVE TO GO." America rolled off from on top of me and grabbed my hand pulling me up in a hurry.

"Wh... What is it though?" I asked wobbling and brushing off the leaves that were sticking to my shirt. In response, America grabbed my hand and broke into a run.

I gave a yelp stumbling after him. Soon, I broke into a steady run next to the country.

"What's going on?" I asked again as we sprinted through the dense woods. America turned to me pure terror on his face.

"B... Bear." He said before running forward. Suddenly, I stopped allowing him to speed ahead. He quickly noticed and turned around in confusion to see me standing there with my arms folded and my eyebrows raised in amusement.

"There's nothing after us." I said smirking. America chuckled slightly and pulled at his shirt collar.

"Pfft. Yeah I knew that. I was just testing your speed to see if I'd have to leave you if there really was a bear." He said chuckling nervously and walking back to where I had stopped.

I stared at the country who seemed to be unscratched from that run. I was panting inaudibly to myself but America seemed perfectly fine. I guess resistance was another perk to being a country.

America straighten his glasses and spoke. "So uh... what are you doing in Russia's forest?"

I narrowed my eyes. "I could ask you the same."

"H...huh?! Well see it was just talking a walk." America responded scratching his head.

"On the other side of the world?" I asked in marvel.

"Hey it's not THAT far. We aren't on the world if you haven't noticed." America said crossing his hands.

"Mmhmmm. So why are you here really?" I asked again. Suddenly I gasped as a thought crept into my mind. "Are... are you stalking Russia?" I said as a grin spread across my face.

To my amusement, America turned red and choked on the air, completely thrown off his rhythm.

"W... What?! I would never!"

A moment of silence.

"Ok yeah... I was... But before you can say something. It's because I was worried about you. I know Russia isn't the most... friendly person and I heard from Poland what happened when you first came. I wanted to make sure you weren't like... dead or something."

I laughed. "Thanks for looking out for me then. Honestly, Russia didn't bother to stay in my heavenly presence for long." I said wiggling my eyebrows.

America laughed rolling his eyes. "Not the time kid." But I know he was amused.

"He showed me my room and immediately disappeared." I said shrugging. We started to walk slowly through the forest. Colors of green, red and orange fell around us as a gust of wind blew loosely held leaves off their branches.

"Honestly I'm a bit jealous you got to see Russia's house." America said looking up.

"Why's that? Have you never been there?"

America shook his head. "The only people who have probably been inside are Ukraine and Belarus. How's it like? Are there bottles everywhere?"

I laughed remembering Russia's expectation of always having his head in a bottle of vodka. "Oh no. It's actually really clean. And strangely comfortable."

"Huh." America didn't say more.

We walked in silence. I took the time to examine him. He was wearing a bomber jacket with a fluffy white outline near his neck. He had on blue ripped jeans and dark chocolate colored boots. His shirt meanwhile was a solid shade of gray.