Ⓒⓗⓐⓟⓣⓔⓡ ⑤ - ʲᵘᵐᵖ

『Eren's P.O.V.』

Fuck Fuckity Fuck.

I was afraid to look up, as I recognized the voice that called my name. Levi.

I closed my eyes when I felt him near me. Great. I had to come up with an excuse, and also a good one.

"Eren...Is this yours?" he said, pointing at the notebook.

"Of course not, silly. It's my sisters."

"But don't you live alone?"

"I do, but a month ago she came by and she might have dropped it here when she came pick me up." Good job, Eren.

Levi sighed. "I see, but she might need some help, judging by the content of the notebook."

"Levi, this is a family matter so please don't interfere."

He looked a bit hurt, but I had to do it in order to keep my secret safe.

"A-Anyway, I have to go to class. Bye."

"Bye" he said, and headed to class.

I did the same and on my way I bumped into Armin. He looked happy "Hey Eren! Where are you heading?"

"English, you?"

"Me too." He said smiling.

"Did something good happen Coconut Boi?"

"Don't call me Coconut Boi, and if you might ask, yes."

I gave him a questioning look. "Well?"

"Ha, well you see...there is this person that I might like and I might go on a date with them tonight."

"Coconut Boi turned into Coconut Man. They grow up so fast." I said, wiping my fake tears.

He laughed "Cut it out."

ɬıɱɛ ʂƙı℘ after school

As soon as school ended, I tried going home without being seen by Levi.

Mission failed.

I wanted to avoid making eye contact with him, but failed. He came to me and grabbed my wrist.

"Eren. I think we need to talk."

"Well I think we don't. Sorry, but I have to get home."

His grip on my wrist tightened and the cuts started to hurt, as I tried not to show it on my face. He looked like he wanted to say a lot of things, but decided not to.

He let go of my wrist. "Okay. I'll see you tomorrow then."

He left without looking back. I was feeling restless, so I decided to go to the one place that made me feel at ease.

When I was younger I used to go with my mom to the lake. It was our little secret. We would each throw a rock and make a wish. Would it work if I wished for my mom? Would it work if I wished to be dead? Be realistic, Eren.

As I found myself by the lake I looked at it, my mind being filled with the memories I had here. I took a rock in my hand and threw it in the water.
"Throw it back at me, bitch!"

Suddenly I heard someone laugh. Since when did rocks laugh?

I turned myself to face the person that just laughed. Levi? 

"Fucking hell what are doing here?"

"Slow down brat with the adult words." he said.

"Wait. You followed me here?"

He hesitated "Well no. Maybe yes."

"And why is that?"

"You were acting weird so I thought I'd see what you're up to."

"I am just fine, so leave, stalker." I said, turning my face away. I couldn't look into his intimidating eyes that seemed to tear every piece of my soul, reading my every thought.

"Eren." he said, as he kept looking at my face.

I couldn't stand it when people looked at my face. It felt like they could stare into my soul and see my secrets. They would notice every flaw I had, every little ugly thing about myself that I desperately wanted to hide.

Then an idea occurred to me.

"Levi. Let's go for a swim." I said, grinning

"Where?" he said looking confused.

"In the lake, duh." I looked directly in his eyes "Or are you scared to get wet?"

He looked at me, with those silver piercing eyes. "You're one hell of a brat."

Even though it was warm outside and Levi had a t-shirt on, I still wore long sleeves to hide the scars. Sometimes I am glad people don't care enough to question me about it.

"You go first, Levi"

He started taking his shit off and I could feel my face heat up. I couldn't take my eyes off his six-pack and his—- "Earth to Eren."

"A-ah oui?"

He cracked a smile "Eyes up here."

I blushed. I couldn't help it. I didn't want to think about the fact that I might have caught feelings for him, or the fact that he'd reject me.

Without thinking, I pushed Levi into the lake and jumped after him. For a moment I felt like a was flying, freeing myself. I liked being underwater. It was calming and made me feel like I was dreaming.

Suddenly I could hear Levi from above. He was calling a name, don't know whose. I didn't want to come back, and yet I told myself that this would be the last time I'd do it. Give it another try.

"Eren!" was the first thing I heard, that came along with a hug. Warm.

"What was that, brat?" he asked a bit worried. Why worried?

I couldn't help, but laugh. It was somewhat fun. The adrenaline and the angry dwarf in the water, made me laugh.

A real laugh.