Chapter 1

Incoming Call:
Code Breaker

"Hey E! What's up?" Zed answered, his cell signal coming through the speakers his brand new electric green with black detailing, including the spoiler, Chevy Camaro.

"'What's up?' Really?" It was Eliza. His best friend since they were little rugrats. "Your dad said it's extremely important that you don't fuck this one up."

"Geez language! ...Wait. Fuck what up?" He asked in a completely confused tone.

"Zed." She said in warning. "Zevon said if you take him out, it will collapse an entire drug ring on the east side of the city."

"Oh! You're talking about Ol' Walt!" He responded as though he'd just remembered. Eliza groans dramatically.

"Yes. I'm talking about Walter Klamoski." She confirmed in annoyance, emphasizing his name.

"Relax E! It's already taken care of!" He teased, indicating he knew what she was talking about the entire time.

"Gah! I'm gonna kill you Z!" She screamed, the surround sound speakers emulating like she were sitting right there in the passenger seat.

"Love you too!" He said before he hung up.

If you haven't guessed it by now, yeah, he's an assassin. One of the best actually. As he sped through the city of Seabrook, he smirked as he recalled the hit he completed mere hours ago.

He'd taken out the security cameras around the property the night before. The dark shadows of night were always perfect for staying out of sight. Then it was all about timing. He applied a pin sized sensor to the front door. A niftly little gadget Eliza had built for him. His phone got an alert every time the door was opened until he disabled it.

Walter Edward Klamoski, age 53. The drug lord of Seabrook's East side. This greedy old bastard was obsessed with money. Like penny pinching obsessed. Also meaning he didn't take kindly to junkies not paying for product. Not a good dude.

He was known for spending 3 days out of the week sitting at his desk counting his profits. He told his lackeys it was 'working from home' but anyone with half a brain would realize what he's doing.

So Zed adjusted his black gloves from his position. He'd done a stakeout the next street over that whole afternoon, until he got the alert of the front door opening.

Just as he expected, the creep's schedule was always the same. After his morning rounds on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, he'd return home for a quick lunch before slipping away into his office.

By the time he got there, Zed was already waiting, sitting in the fancy leather chair behind the oversized oak desk facing away from the door. Mr. Klamoski was distracted by the wide open window he'd slipped in though with the curtains blowing wildly from crisp autumn air.

The old man hurried to the windowsill and leaned out to look around, finding nothing. He scowled in suspicion but the barrel of Zed's favorite Maxim 9 suppressor was pressed against his temple before he could make another move.

"Good afternoon Mr. Klamoski!" Zed greeted cheerfully. Walter started to open his mouth but Zed pressed the gun slightly harder against his head. "Scream and you make my job much quicker." Walter was quivering and trying his best to coware away from the pistol.

"Y-you're here to kill me." He stuttered.

"Why else would I be here?" Zed grinned maliciously.

"P-please! I-I can pay you! Whatever they're paying you, I-I'll double!" Walter offered desperately. Zed sighed.

"Hmmm," he pretended to think, "well, your offer does sound tempting." He humored. Walter seemed to jump at even the slightest opportunity to save himself.