chapter 1

In which a girl comes home

A loud grunt filled the smoky air of Small Heath as his grubby fingers coiled around the strap of her suitcase, slipping a little due to the sweat he was releasing as he mumbled a small apology

A loud grunt filled the smoky air of Small Heath as his grubby fingers coiled around the strap of her suitcase, slipping a little due to the sweat he was releasing as he mumbled a small apology. He slipped the bag out of the trunk of his car placing the smooth leather onto the cold cobblestones, dirt and what seemed like sludge slithering through the dips between each brick, swallowing up any free space that was visible between them.

"Are- are you sure you want dropping off here mam" the voice of the man called out through the seemingly desolate streets, his voice gruff and low and coated in a layer of distaste and disgust as his eyes trained on the dark clouds of smoke rolling over the streets.

Her heels slowly stepped out onto the cobblestones as she pushed herself out of the car, his eyes flicking to the beautiful woman as she stood there, adorned in a soft blue silk gown which loosely hugged her frame and dropped low to the floor, caressing the dirty streets except for the slit up the middle, showing him a glimpse of her smooth legs. Her eyes moved to the small man, he was grubby, his frame small with a large belly to accompany him, his hair looked greasy and covered in what seemed to be gel. His uniform was crumpled with crumbs sticking to the pockets and his trousers as his sweaty hands fumbled to get rid of them, brushing the crumbs onto the floor and onto his dark navy shoes, no longer shiny but aged with dirt and muck.

"Oh yes" she muttered slipping the cigarette between her pouty red lips, stained with years of lipstick and berries she used to keep them that colour, living in the countryside had its downfalls but also it's upsides

"Oh yes" she muttered slipping the cigarette between her pouty red lips, stained with years of lipstick and berries she used to keep them that colour, living in the countryside had its downfalls but also it's upsides. Her fingers nimbly picked out a match lighting the cigarette and throwing the match to the side as the sweet taste of the cigarette filled her mouth,the smoke billowing out of her lips like small wisps of seduction, caressing his face as he watched the beauty.

"Well be careful, it's dangerous here innit" he mutters as his grubby hands picked up her bag, she nearly grimaced but thanked him politely as she took the bag, the cool, slightly wet leather against her hand as she kept the cigarette dangling between her lips. She had already paid the man so she gave him no mind as she turnt to leave, her heels clicking along the cobblestone and hips swaying delicately as she walked, her silk dress clinging desperately to her frame as she swayed.

"Thank you" she calls out giving him a small smile as she turnt a corner down a dark alley, disappearing from his view. His fingers smoothing down his outfit glancing around nervously before rushing into his car and immediately driving off, his movements rushed and concerned.

She turnt another corner her eyes moving to the door of the home as she arrived, the oh so familiar door. Memories flickered by as she placed her bag slowly down beside her light blue heels, memories she didn't wish to remember as it only brought her pain and suffering as they replayed.

How Tommy used to chase her down the streets. How Arthur and John used to help her kick Micheal down the lane in a shoebox much to her mother's dismay she would always ruin her pretty little dresses, playing games such as guns and playing in the Canal. Her fingers daintly reached up tugging the cigarette out from her lips as she lifted her arm, it was heavy with hesitation, what if he hated her? What if they had all changed? Those all flew by as she knocked on the door, the sounds resonating down the cold dark street which loomed over her shoulder like her regrets as she caught a look at herself in the window.

Silky chestnut coloured hair which tumbled to her shoulders, perfectly done, her skin milky pale and unblemished, her eyes were always her strongest feature, large and doe brown which could bring any man to his knees, her lips pouty and covered in a layer of gloss, shimmering under the light, her eyes flicked away as the door opened slowly, creaking as she awaited, but the thoughts still loomed over her shoulder like a dark demonic monster, possessing her worst worries and fears and bringing them to the surface of her mind.

(What do you guys think of the first chapter? Hopefully you like it, please do leave any comments if I have something I should improve on. I've also changed the face claim to Keira knightly as she has some roles that really fit this type of story x)