chapter 5

A week had passed, each day had been filled with chain smoking, pacing and trying to decide if she had made the right decision, she had never had a child, of course she helped care for Finn when he was just a young boy but she didn't know the fami...

A week had passed, each day had been filled with chain smoking, pacing and trying to decide if she had made the right decision, she had never had a child, of course she helped care for Finn when he was just a young boy but she didn't know the family of the young boy, the one who she had applied to be the nanny to, the one who had called her back and told her she had the job.

With a tap to her cigarette, the ash twirled through the air as her hand hung out of the window, the cold glass pressed into the bottom of her wrist, leaving a small indent which would pass after a few moments. A gentle breeze coated her hand, covering it in a tingling sensation as the cold settled across her pale skin, seeping into her skin and causing her fingers to loosen in surprise, the cigarette falling onto the rough road extinguishing itself among the road, the temperature significantly falling as the home came into view.

It stood tall and proud, wealthy, everything she would have not have expected, yet here it was. It was with great hesitance that she sat silently, not even allowing a whimper leave her lips, the once confident girl sat in shock and surprise, her hand darting back into the car and onto her lap, her fingers nervously gripping at the soft material as it slipped between her delicate fingers, her posture tense as her back straightened ever so slightly. The car came to a stop her eyes not moving from the tall doorway, she had done many things in her time, things which caused her to change and become different, but when she saw the maid, standing in the doorway, in her arms a small child, he had the eyes, the eyes of the man she once loved.

"O-oh don't be idiotic" under her breath she muttered smoothing her hands down her skirt "it can't be his, he never had a child- but I was gone for years" she continued her soft voice echoing around the back of the taxi softly, before her eyes flicked to the door as it opened, the man who drove her holding his hand out to the lady, in politeness. She thanks him and hurries out smoothing down the delicate dress which was as beautiful as she was, simple in terms of the times but gorgeous, with details that seemed to make her ivory skin stand out against the soft yellow of the dress, a colour that would appeal to making people happy.

With a few steps she found herself approaching the maid and the child, the child with the stunning eyes, the eyes the same ocean blue as the man which she had loved, still loved, and would always love, until the day she was cruelly taken from the earth, and even then, her love would remain from beyond the grave, for he was the one to capture her heart, and will forever keep it, in the palm of his hands.