chapter 4

Before the war:

Before the war:

With one final swig the glass was heartily slammed down onto the table, whiskey dribbling from the corner of the girls mouth as her eyes focused on the man across from her, barely even finished with his glass.

"You've done it again" he mutters a raspy tone to his voice as he leant back, accepting the defeat at the hands of the pretty maiden.

Her giggle floating through the air as she pushed herself to stand, the force causing her chair to push back scraping across the wooden floors of the pub, she learns over the table, placing one hand against the sticky wood, her ass up in the air as the dress she wore covered her decency, it didn't stop the men's eyes from trailing over the delicate curves of the girl, the girl they desired. With a soft swoop her hand comes down onto the man's cheek, she pinches like a mother would as she smirked teasingly at the older boy.

"Oh Arth" she muttered a teasing grin on her lips "of course I won, you're as slow as usual" in a mocking tone she remarked, straightening up as she felt hands press to the sides of her hips, as she straightened his chest was pressed against her back, the feeling of his his toned chest came through the thin layers, causing her cheeks to heat up with an undeniable rosy glow.

"She's beaten you again has she?" The boy behind her said "I expect no less" glancing at his older brother as she reached down, grasping at his hands, pulling them so that he had them wrapped around her small waist, the very waist he had bruised from his grip when they spent last night together.

Arthur grumbles a hearty grin forming "you've gotta watch her Tommy" he says pointing at the oblivious girl who was watching the smoke rise and twist around the room, curling along each crevice, even more prominent infront of the lights, as the pretty patterns formed and danced around them.

"Trust me, I'm never letting her leave" he says caringly, if only he knew how little that promise meant, and how soon it was that he would lose the one he adored. "We should get you home" he mutters as his lips pressed gently against her neck, using his hands to turn her so she faced him, their bodies pressed together tightly.

"All I want is a drink" a soft remark fell from her lips, a grin on them as he glanced down at the beauty before him, knowing he could never say no to those big eyes which seemed to stare at him, unmoving, filled with love and adoration, something he would soon miss.