Chapter 1| New Surroundings

Feeling an agonizing pounding in her head, Katsumi slowly opened her eyes

Feeling an agonizing pounding in her head, Katsumi slowly opened her eyes. The light in the sky was blinding her vision, making it hard for her eyes to stay open. For some reason, the sky was pink, not the usual blue she's used to seeing.

Sitting up, Katsumi took a good look around her. She wasn't in Japan anymore. Everything around her was pink like the sky. The grass was a light soft pink like the leaves were in the trees. The tree bark was a dark pink, the rocks below bared the same color. Next to her, there was a shrine box that had lured her into this strange world.

Those shadow creatures that were chasing her weren't around. Letting out a sigh of relief, it felt like Katsumi could breathe. But now, she had to figure out where she was, and how to get back home. The glow in the shrine box was gone, indicating that it wasn't going to be that easy.

Slowly standing up on her own two feet, Katsumi started to hear a soft hum in the distance. It was a tenor's note, it sounded very masculine with a slight hint of feminine.

Drawn to the voice, Katsumi started heading towards the direction of the song. It was luring her like a siren's call. At this point, she wouldn't be surprised if it was a siren. Getting closer towards the voice, Katsumi started hearing the sound of rushing water. Hiding behind a boulder to not let herself be seen, Katsumi decided to peek instead.

Inside of the light pink water, there she saw the back of a male. He had somewhat shaggy auburn colored hair, his back was firm and toned almost like a bodybuilder.

Never in her life would Katsumi think a back was attractive. "Those muscles..."

The male stopped his humming, turning his head to the side with a curious look. His face looked like it belonged on a magazine. His eyes were hazel brown with a shade of magenta. The feature that stood out the most was his pointy ears.

Katsumi blushed at the sight of this attractive male. "Those muscles..." She repeated a little too loudly this time.

"That voice again..." The male mumbled. His face turned serious with a hint of anger. "Show yourself! I know you're there!"

Katsumi hid behind the rock, clasping her hands over her mouth. Crap! I should really keep my mouth shut!

The male huffed. "Hide all you want. I will track you down." It sounded like he was getting out of the water.

Peeking from behind the rock, Katsumi saw he didn't have a siren's tail. "If he's not a siren, then what the heck is he..?" Curious about that, the most important thing now was that he was out in the nude!

Curling up in a ball, Katsumi buried her face in her knees. It felt like she was burning up after seeing his perfectly round full moon. Trying to calm her racing heart, Katsumi was also trying to remember how to breathe again. Letting out a long sigh, Katsumi lifted her head up from her knees. "I think I'm good now."