Chapter 5| Great Power Comes With Great Responbility

Tsubaki had a bandage wrapped around his hand, looking over it to make sure it was wrapped tight enough

Tsubaki had a bandage wrapped around his hand, looking over it to make sure it was wrapped tight enough. On the other hand, Ryusai was underneath a blanket with a wet cloth on his forehead. The doctor shortly left after treating the two, leaving them in the room alone.

That was a bad idea.

Tsubaki didn't look Ryusai's way, but his glare was burning through the wall. "Look, I hope you feel better and all. But once you're healthy again, I'm kicking you out."

Ryusai scoffed. "Is this how you demonstrate hospitality? Not very good if you ask me."

"I'm a great host, thank you very much! I just don't particularly care for you!"

"I don't give two shits about you, Tsubaki Kurohoshi. You have the opportunity to kill me right now, but you choose not to."

Tsubaki clicked his tongue. "That's because if I did try to kill you... She would be sad. I'm not about to make a cute girl cry."

Ryusai rolled his eyes. "Please... The only reason you're even keeping that girl around is because she has the star stone. Not to mention that she reminds you of your dead lover."

"...Do not talk about Rin."

"Funny how you talked on and on about my dead fiancé, but get your feelings hurt over yours. You're such a hypocrite."

Tsubaki growled lowly. "Shut the hell up, Ryusai Akachi!"

"I'm only stating the truth."

"Why you-" Tsubaki got off his bed, heading over towards Ryusai. He was about to pulverize this guy, sick or not.

The door opened, revealing Katsumi in a beautiful pink silk kimono with a camilla flower pattern. She had her hair in two braids, just how she likes it. Seeing Tsubaki about to land a punch on Ryusai, Katsumi ran over towards him, holding his arm back.

Tsubaki froze in place, turning around to see the teenage girl there. "I didn't even know you came in, little lady."

Katsumi stared Tsubaki down with an unamused expression. "What were you about to do?"

Sweat started running down the side of his face. "...Nothing."

She had the face like she didn't believe him. "Really now? It looked like you were about to punch a sick person."

Letting out a sigh, Tsubaki placed his arm down. "He was pissing me off."

Ryusai didn't look amused. "I could say the same thing to you."

A mad tic mark appeared on Tsubaki's head. "Would you shut up?!"

"Guys!" Katsumi exclaimed, getting both of their attention. Putting a bit of pressure between her eyes with her fingers, she let out a sigh. "Can you please not argue for five more minutes?! You two are older than me, but act like toddlers!"