Chapter 4| The Sun and Moon

Entering the kingdom of Taiyosei, the castle close up was taller than a skyscraper

   Entering the kingdom of Taiyosei, the castle close up was taller than a skyscraper. Not only that, the town within the castle's vicinity had a whole variety of shops and homes. The people started to take notice of Tsubaki, their eyes wandering on him. They were whispering among themselves, questioning the two who were accompanying the prince of their land.

   Katsumi kept her head low, feeling shy that all eyes were on her. At the same time, she didn't want anyone looking in her eyes. Before entering the kingdom, Tsubaki had mentioned to not let anyone see into her eyes in case there was someone after it.

   Ryusai scrunched his face in disgust, putting his hand over his nose and mouth. "This place disgusts me..."

   Tsubaki let out an annoyed sigh. "You won't be here for long anyway. You're just here to get treatment, and you're free to go after that."

   "Your highness!" A few of the royal soldiers were heading their way. They stopped where they stood, their back straightening up. "Did you have a good trip, Prince Tsubaki?"

   Tsubaki nodded, a hint of annoyance showed up on his face. "Yes. I wasn't gone for that long."

   "We're aware! The king would like to speak with you once you returned!"

   "Funny, I've been meaning to speak with him once I came back anyway."

   "Your highness..." One of the soldiers looked towards Ryusai and Katsumi. "Who are these people with you? Prisoners?"

   Tsubaki shook his head. "No. They're friends that I made along the way on my trip. One of them got hurt and is in need of immediate treatment."

   One of the soldiers gasped. "Your highness! You need immediate treatment as well! Your hand is covered in blood!"

   Trying to come up with an excuse, a lightbulb appeared on top of Tsubaki's head. "What had happened was... I saved that fair maiden right there from a vicious animal in the woods."

   One of the soldiers rushed over towards Katsumi, observing her from head to toe. "Are you alright, miss? Do you need to be checked in the infirmary as well?"

   Katsumi shook her head, not meeting the soldier's gaze. "I'm fine. Those two are the ones who got hurt."

   The remaining soldiers were staring at Katsumi, mainly at the clothes she was wearing. "Your highness. Is she from a faraway land?"

   Tsubaki smirked. "Something like that. Now if you'll please excuse us... We needed to get treated in the castle."

   The soldiers went into position, standing side by side while bowing with their backs. "Yes, your highness! Let us escort you!"

~*~

   Arriving in the castle, the soldiers were leading them towards the castle's infirmary. Tsubaki couldn't show himself to his father with a bloody hand. Much less showing up with a stranger. A vampire who happens to be the prince of the lost kingdom. Tsubaki knew his main reason for bringing Katsumi was to have his father inform her about the star stone in her eye.