Chapter 32 (Bonus Scenes)

Part 1 - Expanding the Family
Roman's POV

I opened the door to my apartment, careful not to drop dinner.  "Babe, I've got the pizza!" I announced to the open space, only to be met with silence.  "Babe?"

"Um, I'm-I'm in the bedroom.  Hold-Hold on; I'll be out in a minute," Virgil responded.  He sounded anxious and hurried.

I set the pizza down on the island, walking slowly toward the bedroom door.  "Everything okay, sweetheart?"

"Yeah, I'm fine."  He seemed worried.

I opened the door slowly.

Virge stood by the bed, his eyes darting behind him repeatedly.  "Welcome-Welcome home," he greeted with a smile.

I asked with a smile, "What are you hiding?"

I heard a meow in response, and my heart stopped.  Virgil's face became that of panic.  "Virgil, what are you hiding?"  I wasn't smiling anymore.

He grew impossibly sad and turned around, plucking something out of the air.  When he faced me again, he held an adorable black kitten in his arms.  Its stunning blue eyes stared up at him.  "I went down to get the mail after you left, and I heard her.  What was I supposed to do—leave her out there?  It's supposed to thunderstorm tonight..."

I knelt down, rubbing my finger under her tiny jaw.  "Babe, you know I'm allergic..."

"She likes you..."

I looked up at him.  "What makes you think that?"

The kitten began to purr.

Virgil had the faintest of smiles.  "Because that's what she's thinking."

I stood up.  "Hold on," I said in all seriousness, "you can read her mind?"

He rubbed between her ears.  "Sort of.  I get the gist."  He glanced at me, then returned his gaze to the small creature in his arms.  "What's the verdict?"

Her fur felt like silk, and her blue eyes were so bright and full of light.  "I can get allergy medicine tomorrow before work."

He grinned, then knelt in front of me and kissed me.  "Thank you so, so, so much."

Part 2 - Pick-up Lines
Roman's POV

"Hey, Virgil?" I asked.

"Yeah?"

"Are you a painting?"

He looked at me in confusion.  "No, why?"

"Because I want to nail you against the wall."

Keeping a completely straight face, Virgil responded, "Can't you hang me instead?"

A long silence spread between us before I sighed.  "N..."

Virgil's POV

Patton chuckled from where he sat on the couch.  "Hey; hey, Lo.  If I were a gardener, I would put our 'two-lips' together."

Logan simply sighed, continuing to read his book.

Roman looked at me.  "Why aren't we like that?"

I laughed to myself at the thought that popped into my head.  "If I were a gardener, you'd be my hoe."

He groaned.  "That's why..."