Chap. 5:What Game Are You Playing?

Emilia's POV

The next day, I woke up late. Mom must have turned my alarm off so I could rest. That or she saw my puffy eyes when I greeted her last night before letting sleep consume me. With school not being an option, I lied down on top of my bed and stared at the ceiling.

My thoughts pieced together a story similar to the exact situation I'm in now. Tough, right? Nope, I'm not doing this today. I refused to let a boy named Christopher to ruin my day. But, all my thoughts revolves around him.

Shake it off, though, cause some French toast sticks are calling my name. Blasting Olivia O'Brien's Fuck Feelings, I felt better. And that's how my morning started.

Around 2 that afternoon, when school was starting to get out, there was a knock on the front door. No one I knew of came here, and if they did, it was one of moms clients and buisness partners. So I ignored it cause my mom wasn't home yet, UPS brought my books I ordered yesterday, and the mail came at exactly 4:15 PM. Sad, right? No, I'm just observant.

Then there was a knock, but it seemed closer.

Christopher's POV

I didn't see Emilia at school today, so I decided to drop by her house and see how she was. I knocked on the door, but didn't get an answer. I knew that someone was in there cause a car was parked in the driveway, besides mine. I didn't see any room downstairs other than the kitchen, laundry room, and living room so I decided to take a look upstairs. I grabbed the ladder I found in a shed and set up to climb.

My luck must have been on point today because the first room I looked in, Ameilia was there. Her headphones were in. I knocked on her window and signaled for her to come over. She looked at me like I was stupid, then got up and closed the curtains.

I knocked again, but got an answer; more like a question.

"What games are you playing with me Christopher?"

I didn't acknowledge her question, just pushed open the window and climbed in.

"I'm not playing any games, Emilia, I came to see you. Look, I know what I did was wrong, but hear me out. I only did all of that stuff-"

But was interrupted by Emilia.

"You really expect me to believe that? Do you know how many times I have heard the whole,'I was trying to get my feelings together' speech? Apparently not, I know how this works, Christopher. I'm not going to fall for that card anymore. Now, leave."

She turned to leave, but I grabbed her arm and forced her to look at me. She had hurt, sadness, betrayal, hope, and unshed tears swirling around in her brown eyes. Nothing broke my heart more than the fact that I just hurt my girl. So, I kissed her. All my emotions were put into that kiss. Everything I wanted with her was put into that kiss. The best part was, she kissed me back.

No words could describe this moment. This was everything to me. I pulled back to see her tears were falling, so I wiped them away and rested my head against hers. I wrapped my arms around her, never wanting this moment to end.

Emilia's POV

Christopher was at my window. I rolled my eyes, he didn't want anything if we're being honest.

"What games are you playing with me, Christopher?" My eyes glimmering with many emotions swirling onside them. I never knew what he was going to do. He was unpredictable. One minute we're having a good time, the next, he's ignoring me.

"I'm not playing any games, Emilia, I came to see you. Look, I know what I did was wrong, but hear me out. I only did all of that stuff-" But I didn't let him finish. How stupid and naive did he think I was?

"You really expect me to believe that? Do you know how many times I have heard the whole,'I was trying to get my feelings together' speech? Apparently not, I know how this works, Christopher. I'm not going to fall for that card anymore. Now, leave."

I was about to leave the room entirely, when Christopher grabbed my arm and turned me around to face him. He looked into my eyes, as did I to him. He leaned in and before I knew it, his lips were on mine. My body betrayed me, so I gradually eased into the kiss. I put all my heart into it, my tears fell involuntarily because my heart knew if it was all a game, I'd be more affected by this than him.

He pulled away from the kiss, and wiped my tears away, rested his head against mine and hugged me. At that moment, I knew it wasn't fake. Everything that was happening was real. And I didn't want this moment to end.