Chapter 22: Uncles and Grandparents

Ellie is busy with the last minute preparation for the twin's birthday party tomorrow. She's been on the phone since morning, checking and rechecking if everything is complete, that those slight mishaps that happened have been resolved. Time might have slipped from her mind because when she stared at her window, it's already dark outside.

She just finished a phone call when Ally approached her with a question, Nate in tow - but silent.

"Mama, about our birthday party tomorrow, we just want to know if grandma Alessa is still invited with grandpa Nathan? "

Ally's question made her think.

"Yes, they are, I did not remove them from the guest list. Why? Is there a problem?" She asked while glancing between the two. Ally is clearly pondering what to say next while Nate is quietly observing.

"What about our father? Is he invited?" Her question caught her off guard.

Will she invite him? If she will consider her feelings, she will not, but, it is not her's that needs to be considered, but the twin's feelings, is it not? If they want him and his family to be there, then who is she to hinder things that will make them happy especially on their big day? She is their mother, she will put aside anger and pain for the sake of their happiness.

"Yeah, he can come if he wants." Her answer made them estatic, especially Nate, whose silence bothered her, is now wearing a wide smile.

"Call them mama." Ally urged her.

"Who?" She asked bewildered.

"Grandma and grandpa." Nate answered.

"Oh."

"You still have grandma Alessa's number, isn't it?" Ally asked

"Yeah."

"Call her mama, please." Ally pleaded with puppy eyes.

"Okay, I will call her." She finally conceded which made the twins shout with glee.

She took her phone and dialed Alessa's number.

---

"How about you Sean, do you know where Oliver is?" Alessa said.

She is currently interrogating her two youngest sons if they know their second eldest brother's whereabouts.

"No mom." Sean answered.

Alessa looked at her youngest, but Zach only shook his head, mouth full of pasta.

They are currently having dinner and she's been worried for her second eldest. He's been missing - nowhere to be found, and no one knows where he is. Though this is not the first time that he will leave for several days or weeks, he always call her to update that he is okay. But this is different, he did not call or even texted her to assure her like he always does, so it is bothering her so much.

"Stop worrying, okay. Ollie is fine." Nathan said, pacifying her.

"I know he is fine but I want to hear it from him, and this is not the only thing that worries me."

At her husband's questioning look, she supplied an answer.

"Tomorrow is the twin's birthday party. Do you think Ellie will withdraw the invitation for us?"

"No, I don't think so." Nate said.

"How sure are you?" She asked.

"If we will base it on Claire and Lucas' friendship with her, then she won't likely do what you think she will do." Nathan said assuring her.