Chapter 28: Frustrations and Salvation

A/N: Sorry for the delay guys, with the holidays and all (well, yeah, writer's block is what I conquered!)

Hope you'll love the chapter. Happy reading! ;)
______________________________________

"Mama, do you really know where it is?" Ally asked her for the nth time and she answered her 'yeah' for the nth time as well.

They are travelling on her car to where Ethan's company is located, bringing with them the tube holder. She wanted to call him but she remembered that they haven't exhange their personal number yet - that she wanted to scream. She tried to call Alessa but she is not answering. She also sent a message to Lucas, asking for Ethan's number, but until now, he hasn't returned her query. Even Mrs. Goodman cannot be reached as well. She doesn't know what to do anymore on how to reach Ethan, so the twins urged her to do this, saying that their father will get into trouble since he accidentally left it at the house. Her musings was cut by another question from Ally.

"How did you know? Have you been there?"

"No." Her simple answer.

"Then how?" Ally asked insistently. She stared at the rearview mirror and caught Nate's eyes, whose brows are furrowing. She looked away and took a deep breath.

"I just know it baby." She answered, all the while thinking a different answer on her mind. 'I have been so desperate in avoiding him all this years, of course I should know where your father's company is, in order for me not to be somewhere near it and to successfully hide from him.'

Ally stayed quiet after that, she doesn't know if her daughter is satisfied with her last answer. But she heard the twins whispering with each other, about what, she doesn't know.

She focused on driving and parked when they arrived at the place. Good thing the parking space is big, so it didn't took her long to find a spot. She turned off the engine and assisted the twins in going out of the car. She took her bag and the tube holder before closing and locking the doors. They entered the three storey building and the guards let them in after thoroughly inspecting her things.

She approached the receptionist and asked politely.

"Good morning. May I know where is Mr. Ethan Anderson's office?"

The woman behind the reception looked up and without returning her greetings, asked. "Do you have an appointment?"

"No."

"Are you perhaps, a new client?"

"Uhmm..sorry, no, I'm not a new client."

At her answer, the receptionist looked at her with condescending eyes and spoke.

"Then, I'm sorry I cannot let you in." The receptionist said with finality.

"Please, it is urgent. I-" she tried to reason to her again but she was silently dismissed by turning her back at her.

The action made her irritated that she wanted to lash out at the woman's impolite attitude, but she rein herself. She doesn't want to attract too much attention.

She sighed and saw the twins' worried gaze but did not say anything. She is thinking of a way to get inside to get a hold of him when a voice called her name.

"Ellie?" She turned towards it at the same time the twins shouted and run towards the person.

"Uncle Sean!"

She released the breath she has been holding when she saw him.

"Hey! What are you doing here? You'll visit your father?" Sean asked the twins but his eyes fell on her, curiosity filling his voice.